Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Norton

A mate of mine was trying to think of a way around the transfer window system last night and suggested the following:

Could a team cancel the contract of a player in order to facilitate a transfer and then receive a financial "gift" which would amount to the value of the player in the open market based on agreement signed by both clubs

For example.

Joe Cole wants to move to Man Utd and Chelsea want rid cuz he's been nobbing Mrs Abramovich or summat. Chelsea agree to cancel his contract if Man Utd sign an agreement to "give" Chelsea a "gift" of say £15m (players value).

Does anyone know if this would be legal or not?

Watch for that story being in the Mirror tomoro now :hihi:

A mate of mine was trying to think of a way around the transfer window system last night and suggested the following:

Could a team cancel the contract of a player in order to facilitate a transfer and then receive a financial "gift" which would amount to the value of the player in the open market based on agreement signed by both clubs

For example.

Joe Cole wants to move to Man Utd and Chelsea want rid cuz he's been nobbing Mrs Abramovich or summat. Chelsea agree to cancel his contract if Man Utd sign an agreement to "give" Chelsea a "gift" of say £15m (players value).

Does anyone know if this would be legal or not?

A non-charitable gift would not be tax deductable. That would be £15m in expenditure that you couldn't off-set against your tax liability... a hefty premium.

Yeah, hope we're celebrating three points and a good match. In fact, don't care if its a c**p match, so long as we have five points by this time tomorrow.

Is it just me, or is the kick off time really wassing anyone else off? Glad we're in the premier league and all that, but it just seems weird.

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, hope we're celebrating three points and a good match. In fact, don't care if its a c**p match, so long as we have five points by this time tomorrow.

Is it just me, or is the kick off time really wassing anyone else off? Glad we're in the premier league and all that, but it just seems weird.

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO get all the TV revenue money we have to do as sky says.....

TO get all the TV revenue money we have to do as sky says.....

And its better for us ex-pats who can have a saturday morning lay in and then get up to watch the Mighty Blades at 12.30pm here :thumbsup:

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZZZZARDS (The Blades that is not Sunderland :hihi: )

Regards CB

Archived