Any of these guys still alive?

peterw

The older I get the more I need to find out whether I’m the last of a long line of schoolkids born in the 1920s.

I’m currently wondering about Austin Twigg, born Nidd Road 18 April 1929 0r 1930 (his birthday’s the same day as mine).

Roy Wrigglesworth, as a boy lived first street on the right, at the bottom of Prince of Wales Road. It was a cul de sac adjacent to the old White City Greyhound Stadium.

Roy Proctor, lived somewhere in Walkley; Pat Bray (son of nurseryman) lived just off Ecclesall Road, somewhere opposite Hickmott Road.

Eric Hobson, former Hunter’s Bar Junior School pupil; Lloyd Lloyd, as a boy lived at 21 Deep Lane, Shiregreen; Frank Bailey, lived Greystones area; Patricia Taylor, lived Rustlings Road and became a dancer; the Robinson twins, lived in Hickmott Road area (bottom of Neal Road, turn left and last house on corner of Ecclesall Road).

Teresa Wright (no relation); Philip Scholey, his father had builder’s yard on Sharrow Vale Road opposite Hunter’s Bar School; Edgar Wallace, also Sharrow Vale Road (born, I think 1935) on same day as Edgar Wallace died; hence the Edgar).

Any information greatly appreciated.

It’s amazing what SF members know! Thanks for the info I asked for. I found out today that at least three of my old junior school chums are still alive, and at the same time made a friend! Thanks again for your help.

• 5 weeks later...
The older I get the more I need to find out whether I’m the last of a long line of schoolkids born in the 1920s.

I’m currently wondering about Austin Twigg, born Nidd Road 18 April 1929 0r 1930 (his birthday’s the same day as mine).

Roy Wrigglesworth, as a boy lived first street on the right, at the bottom of Prince of Wales Road. It was a cul de sac adjacent to the old White City Greyhound Stadium.

Roy Proctor, lived somewhere in Walkley; Pat Bray (son of nurseryman) lived just off Ecclesall Road, somewhere opposite Hickmott Road.

Eric Hobson, former Hunter’s Bar Junior School pupil; Lloyd Lloyd, as a boy lived at 21 Deep Lane, Shiregreen; Frank Bailey, lived Greystones area; Patricia Taylor, lived Rustlings Road and became a dancer; the Robinson twins, lived in Hickmott Road area (bottom of Neal Road, turn left and last house on corner of Ecclesall Road).

Teresa Wright (no relation); Philip Scholey, his father had builder’s yard on Sharrow Vale Road opposite Hunter’s Bar School; Edgar Wallace, also Sharrow Vale Road (born, I think 1935) on same day as Edgar Wallace died; hence the Edgar).

Any information greatly appreciated.

I knew a Frank Bailey he was brought up in Ptsmoor and his father had a coal business he moved away but do not know where Arthur.

• 4 years later...