Ladies - whats your skin/haircare and make up routine?

Hi AF. As A self confessed toiletries addict, I own enough stuff to get bathed in something different every day of the year (seriously:help: ) I'd recommend either The Body Shop Vanilla one if you like foody vanillas or Rock Star Soap from lush with a creme candy bath followed by fluffy pink mules talc (layering really makes the smell last) from there if you like baby powder vanillas. Angel shower gel is also good for maintaining the vanilla choccie smell. Caprice also recommended me a shower gel from lush called Snow Fairy but I can't personally endorse it yet!

I used to wear Angel perfume but haven't for years...I must venture into Lush - just take a deep breath before I go in, the smell makes me dizzy and not in a good way. I do not know how anyone can work in there...i do like body shop vanilla but it reminds me of my little sister and much as I love her I just associate it with her....Lush. I'll go to Lush! Cheers for the tips Edna!:)

I used to wear Angel perfume but haven't for years...I must venture into Lush - just take a deep breath before I go in, the smell makes me dizzy and not in a good way. I do not know how anyone can work in there...i do like body shop vanilla but it reminds me of my little sister and much as I love her I just associate it with her....Lush. I'll go to Lush! Cheers for the tips Edna!:)

Unless it's been nabbed by someone, I think they've got some really nice vanilla stuff in TK Maxx at the moment

Caprice also recommended me a shower gel from lush called Snow Fairy but I can't personally endorse it yet!

Snow Fairy smells divine :love: It's gorgeous and the smell lasts all day - I got a Lush gift set at Christmas and was devasted when I used the last of it up :( I had assumed it was a seasonal product and we wouldn't see it again until next Christmas, but this thread has given me renewed hope :D

I typically only buy cosmetics at least half price and ensure my make up is done nicely to compensate for disabilities. I also make a point of getting my hair cut properly about 2-3 months and only ever towel dry it at home.

Shouldnt need to go to such lengths but find people are far more respectful than if I dont bother because of my disability. For the same reason I tend to use quality brand names at a fraction of the RRP. From not having any make-up at all, I've managed to accumulate a decent selection of stuff since the onset of this disability nearly 3 years ago.

Snow Fairy smells divine :love: It's gorgeous and the smell lasts all day - I got a Lush gift set at Christmas and was devasted when I used the last of it up :( I had assumed it was a seasonal product and we wouldn't see it again until next Christmas, but this thread has given me renewed hope :D

Tracie, I'm sorry to disappoint but it seems I led you up the garden path. Snow Fairy is indeed a seasonal product and currently not produced. However in retail terms it's only five weeks to Christmas! Sure we'll live.

Skin Care

Cleanse tone and moisturise, eye cream twice daily. I also use a alpha hydroxy product prior to moisturising.

Pore cleansing mask twice weekly exfoliate once a week

Intesive Repair - 14 day programme 4 times a year.

I am really strict with my skin care as I work as a skin care consultant. Naturally my skin gets congested and if I know about it if I relapse.

I also work as a Make-Up Artist but will vary my look depending on time what I am doing.

Day-to-day; soap and water, no foundation, bit of Rimmel Hydrasense concealer, Boots Natural Collection bronzing pearls, Collection 2000 mascara, Boots Natural Collection lipgloss or Nivea lipsyl/lipshine. Wash hair every day, condition on alternate days, blow dry with Tresemme Smoothing Serum. Only straighten it for going out purposes with L'Oreal StudioLine Hot Straight.

Benetton Colours perfume.

At night, Boots Vitamin E face wipe and I can only use bath creme as opposed to bubble bath, because I get a reaction if it splashes my face.

It's always been a source of great amusement to me that I can get away with soap and water and most if not all my friends have to cleanse, tone and moisturise going on involving the use of very expensive products - and I just don't! On the other hand, I have Psoriasis which means I generally use very greasy creams like Nivea Creme, and never get spots or blemishes.

Bobsgirl - I like the idea of bronzing pearls but have found them messy before and have opted for the bronzing powder, are the Boots Natural Collection ones OK? I have eczema so have to be careful what I use also. I do use foundation though but in this heat its starting to slide off my face - maybe the bronzing pearls will be better?

By the way I can't tolerate soap at all - cleansing wipes yes but soap is too drying.