Cost of Policing the Premiership

BAZZO

Sorry, don't see that the economy of our fair city will be really affected. The number of fans that are bothered about the city they have travelled to is minimal. They are there for the football, a pint and a bite to eat at most.

IMO, this is the best time to buy a burger van or get your granny to start knitting scarves - that way you will make a bundle.

Whats up Barnie41 dont 2 + 2 make 4 in your world ??? On saturday a sizeable number of Liverpool fans will descend on our fair city -the majority of which will spend some of their hard earned brass on a few pints and a bite to eat. So say 5000 people spend 8 -10 quid in and around BDBL - bet you wish that was in your bank account !!!! Our ecomomies are judged on something called Gross Domestic Produce(GDP for short) scientifically the above has to affect our GDP.

Come on you red and white wizards!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Whats up Barnie41 dont 2 + 2 make 4 in your world ??? On saturday a sizeable number of Liverpool fans will descend on our fair city -the majority of which will spend some of their hard earned brass on a few pints and a bite to eat. So say 5000 people spend 8 -10 quid in and around BDBL - bet you wish that was in your bank account !!!! Our ecomomies are judged on something called Gross Domestic Produce(GDP for short) scientifically the above has to affect our GDP.

Come on you red and white wizards!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Yeah, I can add up my good friend, but you've just agreed with what I said. The majority of the games are going to be about 3k away supporters, the vast majority of which will arrive less than 2 hrs before the game and leave straight after. They will have a beer and some snap, watch the match and go home from whence they came. That will hardly bring trillions into the local economy. BDTBL will benefit, but as for the wider city, Meadowhell even, I doubt there's a real impact. Even the TV money goes straight to the club.

W do, however, agree on one point

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's called a joke!

like people say that Yorkshire people are tight and all own whippits.

calm down mate, calm down!

It's called an out-dated stereotype. Simple as that.

For the record, I don't say any of the above about Yorkshire folk.

Yeah, I can add up my good friend, but you've just agreed with what I said. The majority of the games are going to be about 3k away supporters, the vast majority of which will arrive less than 2 hrs before the game and leave straight after. They will have a beer and some snap, watch the match and go home from whence they came. That will hardly bring trillions into the local economy. BDTBL will benefit, but as for the wider city, Meadowhell even, I doubt there's a real impact. Even the TV money goes straight to the club.

W do, however, agree on one point

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not suggesting you can't add up mate - but we will have to agree to disagree. I am a regular blade and have a few in the cremorne or the crown before and often see opposition supporters spending their money on the same - follwed by the best fish & chips in sheffield (Assalt & battered on London road) so they do put their money in to the local economy - might not be a lot but it all counts.

Anyway looking forward to the opener on saturday, mostly to support Yorkshire's number 1 team (an before anybody starts Middlesbrough is in CLEVELAND) but also secretly to see Stevie G in the flesh:love: a reight pair o pins as a yorkshire lass would say !!

You fill up my senses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devlin - lets hope Steve Gerrard has a 'mare', gets substituted, then you can watch him all you want as he runs up and down the touch line.

Here's to a brilliant day, a great result and top of the Premier league by two o'clock!!

Like a gallon of magnet...................................

I think it may well be a draw tomorrow.

No offence, but I can't see you trying to out-play us. Instead I think it will be a very physical game, which will make a nice change for us.

Someone should warn your midfield not to kick Momo Sissoko though, he's an Animal :twisted:

Oh dear if hes's that bad we better get warnock to phone Patrick Suffo !!!! Don't know about Unswoth, NW is keeping us all in suspenders at the moment. Saw DU the other day think Tony daly had been doing the business with him as he certainly looked leaner and meaner.

Archived