Wing Chun Classes

a mate of mine has been going to the london road one for years. The guy is supposed to be really good, but they do take it pretty seriously there. There's 3 classes a week and he likes you to attend all of them and put in a good hours training every night. I know a few people that started there but found it too intense and a bit expensive

correct or not, wing chun is the spelling most commonly used (a quick search of the book on amazon will verify this), so you'll probably get the best results in searches.

lessons at the chinese community centre are mon, wed, fri, 17:30-19:00 and cost £5 per session.

Sifu Lai is an excellent teacher and his requirements are clearly stated on his website. Progress can be slow (obviously depending on your ability), but intense is not a word i'd use to describe it. the atmsophere is very relaxed and friendly and it's well worth taking a look.

Originally posted by TimofDeath

I attended Sifu Lai's class for the first time tonight, and I saw no evidence of anything like that. It was, on the whole, a very friendly affair, and quite laid back in terms of atmosphere.

Can you comment a bit more about what his class was like? I really want to join but there's a lot of things I need to know first such as "is there a lot of people who attend?" "Is the class for the more atheletic person?" etc etc

I've not long got out of hospital in which I had major operations & lost a lot of weight from being in intensive care. I want to get fit but I don't want to over do it either as I now weigh next to nothing & have no muscle whatsoever.

Thanks

Sparklesista x x

Archived