Whirlow Bridge Inn

Hi Tim

Yes, we are definitely related!!! As far as the Trotter line goes, your 4x grandfather was George, and his father was Robert, buried in Ecclesall church yard. You will probably not be able to go further back than that as Robert was kidnapped as a boy from Newcastle and taken to Barnsley to work in the mines from whence he escaped and made his way to Ringinglowe. All we know is that he originated fron Scotland.

Are you on Ancestry? If so, let me know and I can send you a link to my tree on there.

Hi,

thanks for the prompt reply. Going back to Francis Walker and Hannah Burrows, my 7th Great Grandparents, these appear to be the family on Ann Walkers side, George Trotters wife I believe. I have a blank on him so far so your information would answer this question.

I am on Ancestry but just started using it. Family Tree is Timothy Lemm Family Tree. Send your link and see whether I can figure it out. Nice to hear from you.

Just a point, My grandma was Evelyn Trotter, Great Great Grandaughter of George I believe.. Very interesting.

• 3 years later...

Hi

I'm responding to some really old posts on here, but I am also decended from the Trotters of Ringinglow. Hiram and Ellen Trotter were (I think this is right) my great, great grandparents. Their son, Herbert was my grandmother's father. She was also called Ellen, but was known as Nellie Trotter.

I know Hiram's father was Robert.

Kath x