Ken Bates - in or out?

Originally posted by Abdul

PS - you're not the Romario, Brazilian world cup winning hero, are you? I was a great admirer of your talents when you played for PSV; well before you became a household name at Barcelona ;)

Funny you should mention that Abdul, I was thinking along the same lines. The guy was electric over a short distance and him and Bebeto were a lethal strike force for Brazil.

just been on a owls website and massive flood of postssaying chris turner will be out of hillsbro next week . this is a good source at the club and according 2 website 100%, lets hope so " up the owls"

Ken Bates wants the club to go into administration FACT, that way he can get control for next to nothing and then introduce phase two of his plan...groundshare...and sell off the hillsborough site.

All the current media interest is to unsettle the current board and make the bank (who we owe lots of money) nervous and pull the plug.

Booooo Ken Bates....

As for Turner leaving next week - I don't think so m8. We couldn't afford to pay him off.

Regardless of how inept the current (and past board) is, it's becoming more and more apparent that Bates is a weasily untrustworthy individual that has a hidden agenda.

The fans are being used as idiot pawns in his game, and most of them just don't see it.

Originally posted by Romario

The idea of a mystery Egyptian Billionaire & that he promises the fans will be gobsmacked by who he will appoint as manager, is enough to convince me he's worth a go!

Don't know about the Egyptian billionaire (Al Fayed???) but the mystery coach is almost certainly George (biscuit tin) Graham.

Don't mind Bates taking over but do not want a man who left his last two jobs under a cloud.

I'm sick, as many other wednesday fans are also, of seeing 25,000 loyal fans go home every week disappointed and ashamed of their side

The board and the players do not deserve their support. Total clearout I say.

Crooks got us into this mess

So maybe a crook like Bates can get us out.

WE HAVE NOTHING, so there is nothing to lose.

I think Bates would turn it around - he might be untrustworthy, a liar, a cheat, a backstabber and all the rest.... but in the end he is a damn good businessman who can bring in funds and oddly enough, Wednesday is a business which need funds....

Could be a marriage made in heaven - you might be calling him Uncle Ken - saviour of the Owls soon enough hey!

Originally posted by 1Man&hisBMW

I think Bates would turn it around - he might be untrustworthy, a liar, a cheat, a backstabber and all the rest.... but in the end he is a damn good businessman who can bring in funds and oddly enough, Wednesday is a business which need funds....

Could be a marriage made in heaven - you might be calling him Uncle Ken - saviour of the Owls soon enough hey!

well said couldnt have said it better myself :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Archived