Badminton Clubs

I would like to join a village badminton club, preferably in the Peak District or on that side of Sheffield. I would like to find a small friendly club that plays to a reasonable standard. If anyone is a member of such a club/knows of one that would be great, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, not your side of town richt ... we play each Wed at Concord Leisure Centre (Shiregreen) if you were able to make it ... thanks for the mention Scott. Any other new players welcome to join us (I'd say intermediate standard - no real beginners). Price is £4.50 for 90 mins. We play one game of doubles then swap partners to keep it varied and interesting. These are friendly social games but played to win of course!

I would like to join a village badminton club, preferably in the Peak District or on that side of Sheffield. I would like to find a small friendly club that plays to a reasonable standard. If anyone is a member of such a club/knows of one that would be great, thank you.

Hi there,just seen your request for village badminton club. You would be most welcome at our club, we play at the Fanshaw school at the bottom of Green Lane, Dronfield. Every Thurs 7.00pm-9.00pm & Sunday morning 10.00am-12.00 noon. Thriving club playing at a reasonable level, Social but keen. Both mens/womens & mixed games. Hope this is of interest

Sorry, not your side of town richt ... we play each Wed at Concord Leisure Centre (Shiregreen) if you were able to make it ... thanks for the mention Scott. Any other new players welcome to join us (I'd say intermediate standard - no real beginners). Price is £4.50 for 90 mins. We play one game of doubles then swap partners to keep it varied and interesting. These are friendly social games but played to win of course!

Let me know if you need an extra player tonight and I'll be there!

hi Gaz - we have 4 courts booked and have spare places at the moment (we're getting around 12-14 players just now but have had 18-20 before the summer hols).

Just turn up before 8pm at Concord Leisure Centre reception area. Unfortunately I will be in Stockport tonight on a work seminar, but if you fancy a game, let Reg or John know you've been in touch with me (Ken) - they'll get you involved in the games - just don't be shy, introduce yourself, take a place on court and you'll soon get a partner and some opposition!

We play mixed doubles where we can, however guys are outnumbering gals at the moment so you may have some all guy games (some prefer the extra challenge, but we do have some very good female players!).

Give it a go! I'll be back next week ...

Archived