What are the Chances of Wednsday gaining Promotion this season ?

How likely are Wednesday to be promoted this season ?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are Wednesday to be promoted this season ?

• 100% likely go up on automatic promotion
    • Probably miss out on play offs
    • Mid table or just below
    • I don't think they will up. want them to do OK
    • I don't think they will go up, but hope they get thrashed a few times
    • Promoted via play offs
    • A seaside donkey is more likely to win the Grand National, than Wed to go up

The chairman has to pull his finger out or Sturrock will be off if someone comes in for him.

A 5 year contract is needed, imagine if we had Maclean & the rest all fit, a settled side & not 14 fit players.

He's a miracle worker with what he's done & Allen needs to see that!

Rom

The chairman has to pull his finger out or Sturrock will be off if someone comes in for him.

A 5 year contract is needed, imagine if we had Maclean & the rest all fit, a settled side & not 14 fit players.

Rom

Here, here, Romario. (Never thought i'd say that!)

Rom

5 years for a manager who always seems drunk? signs some very dodgy players? scraped you in to the league one play offs playing "long ball football"?

there might be a reason for all the unfit/injured players? training techniques? which im sure Young PS overlooks. (although rumours from southampton was that he laid on benches for full training sessions)

also you want a fit maclean? who has never scored at this level except from a penalty (granted he has only played about 16 games, but still plenty of time)

5 years for a manager who always seems drunk? signs some very dodgy players? scraped you in to the league one play offs playing "long ball football"?

there might be a reason for all the unfit/injured players? training techniques? which im sure Young PS overlooks. (although rumours from southampton was that he laid on benches for full training sessions)

also you want a fit maclean? who has never scored at this level except from a penalty (granted he has only played about 16 games, but still plenty of time)

Always drunk eh? On the basis of what some dodgy rumours from Southampton where they wanted him to fail (even though his record there would have kept them up). Lets break down your other 'points'

1. Dodgy players - Right Sturrock has bought a few players that didn't exactly set the world on fire (Rocastle, Graham etc) but methinks a certain Mr Warnock isn't exempt from a few now is he (Horsfield, Cullip etc). Except at least we didn't blow millions on them.

2. Long Ball Football - Now i know it's been a while since your 4th Division title but in the lower leagues i don't think you'll find many Brazilians playing. If there are they'd be booted from pillar to post, so long ball football is the only way to get out of those god forasken divisions. Anyway you seem to have conveniently wiped the successful Bassett days of big hoofs up to Deane and Agana. But then again it's a case of porcine selected memory loss.

3. McClean - Steve McClean has never had a proper run in the Championship so for you or anyone else to judge him is hardly right. He's either been thrown back in too early (like last season) or had a run up front on his own or with a different strike partner all in the 10 or so Championship games he's played!

I know you've got a bite here but you don't half talk some crap. Oh and about those other rumours it's BRITISH GAS, not GRITTISH BASS remember that ;)

Another question for Blades fans.

This year there will be no local Derbys (Blades V Barnsley, plus Blades V some other local teams)

Does that bother you ?

Or are you revelling in the fact that you will be entertaining the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd. etc instead and are the only local team to be doing this

And where did the extra 10,000 fans appear from last Sat against Liverpool, could it be that a few Wednesday fans popped over to see some premiership football, before heading back to Hillsboro next week to watch the likes of last years relegated premiership teams

or

Enjoying a full capacity crowd of 5,000 when attending the away match at Colchester

Talking of extra fans where did the extra 20,000 fans come from on wednesdays promotion year? :loopy: short memories some people

Talking of extra fans where did the extra 20,000 fans come from on wednesdays promotion year? :loopy: short memories some people

Yup, at least we can call on an extra 20,000 fans. And for any Wednesdayites who actually set foot in the Lane...well they're not Wednesdayites are they? Robbie - that means you. I know you're a repressed blue at heart!

Oh, and our BASIC attendances will still blow yours out of the water a la last year when you got promoted (at least I think you did) and we finished what 19th?

Go Tottenham! :thumbsup:

Always drunk eh? On the basis of what some dodgy rumours from Southampton where they wanted him to fail (even though his record there would have kept them up). Lets break down your other 'points'

1. Dodgy players - Right Sturrock has bought a few players that didn't exactly set the world on fire (Rocastle, Graham etc) but methinks a certain Mr Warnock isn't exempt from a few now is he (Horsfield, Cullip etc). Except at least we didn't blow millions on them.

2. Long Ball Football - Now i know it's been a while since your 4th Division title but in the lower leagues i don't think you'll find many Brazilians playing. If there are they'd be booted from pillar to post, so long ball football is the only way to get out of those god forasken divisions. Anyway you seem to have conveniently wiped the successful Bassett days of big hoofs up to Deane and Agana. But then again it's a case of porcine selected memory loss.

3. McClean - Steve McClean has never had a proper run in the Championship so for you or anyone else to judge him is hardly right. He's either been thrown back in too early (like last season) or had a run up front on his own or with a different strike partner all in the 10 or so Championship games he's played!

I know you've got a bite here but you don't half talk some crap. Oh and about those other rumours it's BRITISH GAS, not GRITTISH BASS remember that ;)

the always drunk part was coming from the players and fans, not the club itself...... but thats by the by.

anyways.................

for your points

1. every manager signs poor players, there is no denying that. but i can't recall a wednesday player that sturrock has signed that has made a big impact at hall, I'd say coughlan is possibly your most succesful signing under PS' era, and he hasn't exactly pulled tree's up. (btw loan signings don't really count so don't bring kenwynne "i can barely score above league one level" up)

2. you don't have to be brazilian to play "football" or even pass the ball. there is no doubting it was the long ball system that got you up, but ive never seen a decent passing game from wednesday for a few years now. although i though lunt would change all that (doesn't seem to be the case from what i hear so far)

you go on about the bassett era, no united fans have not forgotten it, but again thats in the past...... and im sure we are talking about wednesday here not united?? I have not come on this thread to compare united and wednesday, as there is no point, as it stands the blades are better, lets face that fact. I have come on this thread to air my views as a football fan who occasionally goes to watch the grunters over in s6

3. So what if McLean has never had a run in your side in the championship? (although im sure had had about 8 games on trot at end of last season, although im prob wrong) if he was as good as some wednesday fans would have you believe wouldn't he fit in with any striker you play with him? or be back on his feet. i know it is daft t compare but im going to....... if thierry henry got injured and came back and could only score from the spot, do you reckon the arsenal fans would be a bit worried? exspecially after about 16 games or so? i think they would be.

Archived