Martial Arts - any ideas!!!

arty480

hey guys, thanks for that - i dont want to rely soley on the martial arts to get fit its just another thing, I do Korfball in the week which is great, it's just something to keep the mind ticking over on a weekend - better than watching the telly!!!!

Well i'm intrigued by kickboxing and so is my boyfriend!! i think that is the winner and plus what with these winter nights coming soon it's a good thing to have under my belt walking back to my in the dark at night!!!!

Farhad - where are the classes on a sunday and what level and cost is it??? I have to say that i'm not suprised that your all a great bunch...

...i have been in sheffield 4 weeks and am loving the spirit of people, being voted the 4th happiest place in the UK was spot on!!!!

hope to see you guys around soon Arty xx

hey guys, thanks for that - i dont want to rely soley on the martial arts to get fit its just another thing, I do Korfball in the week which is great, it's just something to keep the mind ticking over on a weekend - better than watching the telly!!!!

Well i'm intrigued by kickboxing and so is my boyfriend!! i think that is the winner and plus what with these winter nights coming soon it's a good thing to have under my belt walking back to my in the dark at night!!!!

Farhad - where are the classes on a sunday and what level and cost is it??? I have to say that i'm not suprised that your all a great bunch...

...i have been in sheffield 4 weeks and am loving the spirit of people, being voted the 4th happiest place in the UK was spot on!!!!

hope to see you guys around soon Arty xx

Hi Arty,

Kickboxing on sundays :

Wellington street boxing gym , 44 Wellington street, near the devonshire cat pub.

Right now there are roadworks outside it which hides it a bit.

The level is suitable for begginers even though there are a few people who have "done a bit". Small group and a very friendly "sunday crowd".

It is 12-130pm and costs £4 per class.

See you there

Farhad

arty480

I would still say try different arts of kickboxing as some that say they teach it actually only teach freestyle of point fighting. So try out some to find a style and club that you can work with.

Don’t just go to a club because it’s the closest to you or the one you hear the most about.

With regard to cross training , one kickboxing instructor said to a sheffield forum member "If you want to carry on training here you have to give up training with Farhad and training at other clubs because I dont want you teaching what I'm teaching you to everyone else" .

Seriously that guy sounded like he lost his marbles!

LOL

Yeah, any decent instructor will be happy for you to cross train.

If people ask I generally suggest that they wait until they have a good grounding in their first martial art, as otherwise it can be a bit confusing. After that though, the more the better.

Archived