Cocktails - A flash in the pan or here to stay?

Caipirinha

2 parts Triple Sec, 1 part Tequila, juice of one lime, a small scoop of crushed ice along the way. That'll do me, I'll take my own salt, thank you

See what I mean about people getting used to bad cocktails.... Ordered all those books. Never read any of them... They best be good Hook :P

I find the sweetness of the orange (perferably Triple Sec, otherwise Cointreau) helps to counteract the sourness of the fresh lime juice and somehow compliments the saltiness of the glass. It's just the way I like it.

And I do know what I'm looking for. ;)

Hey, I don't have a problem with people liking their drinks different ways. In fact I enjoy messing around with cocktails to find what each individual person likes. There's no right and wrong about cocktails, different people have different palates so find different drinks suitable to their tastes. Most people would find the 2:1 tequila:triple sec ratio suitable for their palate, the british palate tends to prefer things slightly sourer than sweeter, but not everybody is like that. Personally I prefer things to much much sourer than sweeter, even though my favourite spirit has to be rum!

It's all about enjoying your drink, regardless of the content or ratios!

See what I mean about people getting used to bad cocktails.... Ordered all those books. Never read any of them... They best be good Hook :P

'Bad' cocktails? But I'm a consumer! I'm the person who pays your wages. Who are you to imply that I've bad taste, or that I don't know what I'm talking about?

They definately are. The Six Keys is probably one of the best, it's brilliant for beginners. The Larousse books has loads of cocktails in, and is essential for anybody considering compiling a cocktail menu, and the American Bar is also a great read. :)

Should have added my affliate link, might have made some money outta you :P

'Bad' cocktails? But I'm a consumer! I'm the person who pays your wages. Who are you to imply that I've bad taste, or that I don't know what I'm talking about?

Hi, unless you're the owner of Brook Lesuire, then it's safe to say you don't pay my wages.

You do have bad taste.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Hi, unless you're the owner of Brook Lesuire, then it's safe to say you don't pay my wages.

You do have bad taste.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Ok :)

I'll give your ratio a go, and see whether I think you're right. Tho I'd still question how one human being can say that another human being has 'worse' or 'better' taste than another - it's all a matter of opinion, surely? What I WOULD say, however, is that you're arrogant, and no good at customer service! Which is a shame, because up until now I'd quite liked you. And you don't actually know who I am, do you? Whereas I, as it happens, know who you are.

Oh, just someone who happens to like their favourite cocktail a certain (not unconventional) way. You don't expect me to wear all my hearts on my sleeve, now do you, Hook? ;)

hehe! why ever not? :-)

Archived