Anyone on Prozac?? (fluoextine)

I started it 4 days ago, and i feel so sick to my stomach. Is this normal??

Yes hun it is. It will pass after a couple of days though. Keep on them hun.

I was on these for quite a while when i was getting over Meningitis and one word of advice as well. When you start to feel better and happier DO NOT come off them on ur own accord.

The docs advised me that i shouldnt and one day i did and my depression came back and i felt worse than i did when i 1st went on them.

I was on 150mg a day @ one point! but it didnt suit me and i asked the doc to lessen them a bit as i was gettin a psycho.

i dont mind telling people about my past, as its part of me. If you want any more advice then please feel free to PM me :thumbsup:

Nausea is a recognised side effect of fluoxetine. Go back to your GP and discuss it with him/her. It may pass, but you could find that one of the other SSRI anti-depressants is more appropriate for you. Make an appointment with your GP asap and see what s/he recommends. Whatever you do, don't stop taking them without the guidance of your GP.

Nausea is a recognised side effect of fluoxetine. Go back to your GP and discuss it with him/her. It may pass, but you could find that one of the other SSRI anti-depressants is more appropriate for you. Make an appointment with your GP asap and see what s/he recommends. Whatever you do, don't stop taking them without the guidance of your GP.

So I should stick with them for a few more days??!

I would keep taking them until you have seen the doctor. I took these some years ago and just stopping them isn't a good idea! Like has already been said, keep taking them and make an appointment with your doctor. If you are worried about the nausea you could phone your surgery and ask if you can speak to the doctor, just explain the situation, failing that you could speak to a pharmacist to set your mind at ease.

So I should stick with them for a few more days??!

Yes! Don't stop taking them. Make an appointment to see your GP as soon as you can, but in the mean time keep taking them. The effects of any SSRI anti-depressant take a couple of weeks to start to kick in, and stopping taking them suddenly can cause problems too.

As sazk23 says, the nausea might pass in a few days, but it's always best to discuss it with your GP, just in case :) .

I took this drug a long time ago whilst living in London, for supposed SAD. The side effects for me were no appetite (slinky malinky!) and :suspect: no libido. Whilst it kept me out of trouble, it wasn't much fun either :hihi: At least I saved £ on food bills!

Whilst taking it, and I know this is not the case for everyone, so I'm not generalising, I realised that it was a temporary fix and that I needed to find the solution to my bleak state of mind from within, and to work out where I had to look.

Also, wondered if it really was SAD that I had, why I had been prescribed 8 months' worth of it, when surely my condition would have started to clear up at the onset of spring... :loopy:

So, there :P

Archived