Anyone on Prozac?? (fluoextine)

I suffered terrible nausea when I was on fluoxitine a few years ago. I found that sipping peppermint tea through the day really helped me. It doesn't work for everyone but it might be worth a try. xx

I hope that whatever is causing you to feel so awful at the moment clears soon and that you get the help and support you need. If you ever feel lost there's always plenty of us around you can talk to. xx

Salut, ca fait un bail ;-)

As an OCD sufferer, I had to take Fluoxetine twice: once because no matter how much counselling I had, I just needed a bit of extra help for a while. Therapy did work and in the long run I'm glad I've done it's been really useful, but I see medication as extra help for tough times- of course, that's MY situation and I can't speak for anyone else. It's just a bit simplistic to say: don't take the meds, find out about the roots of your problem. It makes sense, but things are never that clear-cut.

In terms of side effects, I had anxious bouts -especially at night- and my heart was going really funny; I was advised to have a glass of very cold water at hand and sip every now and then when the side effects were bad, don't ask me why but it helped. Anyway, after a few weeks all that was gone, and honestly my OCD symptoms disappeared. When I decided to go off them because I wanted a child, I made sure I went off them very gradually, and it went pretty smoothly. You may find that it works for you, or that you need a different type of med. Bonne chance!

Archived