Gordon Tools - Rockingham Street

Hi Simon - Yes I would be delighted to receive Lawrence's details. If you do not want to make them public property, I will give you a mobile number where you can send me a text message, - I will be away from the next two weeks, so look forward to hearing when I get back.

• 2 months later...

I have just spent a very happy hour reading this thread, you made me both cry with laughter and cry at the sadness of the loss of Gordon Tools. This is a story that would make a great film ala 'Full Monty'. I worked for similar companies in York, alas all gone, Vickers Instruments Ltd was one. I have always collected tools and recently bought a small tin, rusty and paint missing, had a few 1/4-in drive sockets. Looked a mess but I have collected it today from a plastic coaters and its come up beautifully. It has all my BA size sockets, a 1/4 wrench and extensions not all Gordon tools but trust me after reading this thread, I'll be looking for them now!

Gordon Tools (and other companies like Vickers Inst) must never be forgotten!

All the very best of wishes to you all

Martin Dawson, Glass Shop and Fitting shop 1975-80 VIL and Glass Shop 1990-92 Bio-Rad, ex-VIL

Archived