Registry Offices - any good 'uns

This is an old topic I know but i just wanted to Share a good news story. I went to the registry office, looking for some information. The staff where very helpful but unfortunately they could not help me with my request.

While i was there rifling through various documents that i had brought to show, I dropped my driving license(of course i didn't see it).

So for three days i was frantically checking the lost and found section on here as well as calling into the police station to see if any kind soul had handed it in.No luck, but after three days it popped through the post, one of the staff at the registry office had found it laying on the desk and had sent it back to me.

I cant thank them enough for that. thought they deserved a mention:love::love:

Rotherham Register Office is in the main Council building opposite the Police Station BUT the Museum is also the Registry Office so you can get married in Clifton Park Museum (as far as I know, at no extra cost) - see http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/info/200067/marriages/771/ceremonies_at_clifton_park_museum.

There is a car park outside and a gorgeous park for photographs. The building next door is known as the Garden Rooms and you can hire a small room in there for a reception http://cliftonpark.org.uk/cpm/hire

I've been to Clifton Park Museum today - it is now the Register Office for Rotherham.

Even in the rain it is a lovely park - they even had a marquee in the Garden House's garden

So you can have the Wedding in the Museum (as the Register Office so no extra charges) and then walk 50 metres to a lovely little venue for a small reception

Sheffield town hall is really nice inside. However, its a one way system. You go in the front and out of the back. There is no opportunity to go back to the communal bits after the ceremony. So plan your photos accordingly and remember this in case of rain.

Sheffield town hall is really nice inside. However, its a one way system. You go in the front and out of the back. There is no opportunity to go back to the communal bits after the ceremony. So plan your photos accordingly and remember this in case of rain.

The OP is probably divorced by now.

Yes...I know it's an old thread but this info might be useful to anyone looking for RO in Sheffield in the future. I was browsing through the council website a month or so ago and came across a planning application notice for Sheffield Crucible Theatre to be used as a Registry Ofiice.

• 2 years later...
The OP is probably divorced by now.

No we are still going strong mate :hihi:

Just rediscovered SF after a while away, but we have been together for 20 years and just celebrated 11 years married. We went to Worksop in the end and didn't get to Florida until 2012!

No we are still going strong mate :hihi:

Just rediscovered SF after a while away, but we have been together for 20 years and just celebrated 11 years married. We went to Worksop in the end and didn't get to Florida until 2012!

Thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

Have you thought of Sheffield Town Hall. Very nice inside and out. You can have pictures in the peace gardens.

Yes the Sheffield one is lovely. I married a Catholic so we got married in a Catholic church. However we hadnt I'd be happy for a marriage in the Sheffield one. The registrar is brilliant (I've been to a couple there).

---------- Post added 06-07-2018 at 10:45 ----------

sorry just read that the original post is quite old. However anyone wanting to get married I would still recommend the Sheffield one.