Egg and grapefruit diet - anyone tried it?

arrh, sounds tempting... scrambled eggs with grapefruit mixed in.

on a serious note, this diet has been around a long time. bear in mind an increase in cholesterol, and the fact that as soon as you slip back into old ways, the fat content will be absorbed quicker.

good for a quick fix, followed by a 'sustained' change in eating habits after month 1.

shopping trollies at the ready...

What did u do to reduce salt? - Processed food is high in salt.

Eating less salt is not a diet...(o: -

You need to read the info on my website. There are lots of pages - all fascinating...(o: Reducing sodium intake results in weight loss. Eating plenty of fruit and veg at the same time speeds up the weight loss. - It is important not to reduce calories. - Why not really read the info. It is a complicated subject.

just look at what you usually eat and swap higher calorie foods for lower calorie alternatives, no will power required! for example-

cornflakes- 210 cals weetabix-128 cals (high in fibre= fuller for longer)

doritos- 300+ cals Quavers- 98 cals

mayo- 50 cals per teaspoon xlight mayo- 5 cals per spoonful

also, find a really healthy snack that you like. for eg, i found that i likes tinned carrots with cheese on, only 20 cals for a big bowl so i could snack on them as much as i like.

DO drink water when eating, yes, it does slow down the digestion process, which is a good thing because you find yourself fuller for longer

Calorie counting and advice about increasing exercise and reducing fat and carbohydrate intake to reduce obesity are ineffective, counter-productive and often damaging. - See the article in the British Medical Journal of November 2003 http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/327/7423/1085 for actual research on what happens when this advice is followed! - Over 800 obese adults were put on energy deficit diets, given diet sheets and plenty of instruction and help from trained staff, and apparently, visited fortnightly for a year, at the end of which they had GAINED weight! This mirrors the real experience of obese people, viz. - dieting makes you fat.

It is commonly accepted now, except by the 'experts', that less than 5% of dieters actually lose weight, and most gain weight as a result of dieting. - Even the ones who manage to lose weight do not usually improve their health. - See http://www.guardian.co.uk/medicine/story/0,11381,1515455,00.html for a report in The Guardian of Monday, June 27th 2005. It is about a huge research study of nearly 3000 people over a period of 18 years. The study found that overweight people who diet to reach a healthier weight are more likely to die young than those who remain fat. It also found that dieting causes physiological damage that in the long term can outweigh the benefits of the weight loss.

All that is necessary to loseweight is to eat less salt/sodium.

Calorie counting and advice about increasing exercise and reducing fat and carbohydrate intake to reduce obesity are ineffective, counter-productive and often damaging. - See the article in the British Medical Journal of November 2003 http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/327/7423/1085 for actual research on what happens when this advice is followed! - Over 800 obese adults were put on energy deficit diets, given diet sheets and plenty of instruction and help from trained staff, and apparently, visited fortnightly for a year, at the end of which they had GAINED weight! This mirrors the real experience of obese people, viz. - dieting makes you fat.

It is commonly accepted now, except by the 'experts', that less than 5% of dieters actually lose weight, and most gain weight as a result of dieting. - Even the ones who manage to lose weight do not usually improve their health. - See http://www.guardian.co.uk/medicine/story/0,11381,1515455,00.html for a report in The Guardian of Monday, June 27th 2005. It is about a huge research study of nearly 3000 people over a period of 18 years. The study found that overweight people who diet to reach a healthier weight are more likely to die young than those who remain fat. It also found that dieting causes physiological damage that in the long term can outweigh the benefits of the weight loss.

All that is necessary to loseweight is to eat less salt/sodium.

Obesity is not caused by eating to excess or by insufficient exercise. There has never been a scrap of reproducible scientific research or evidence to support the theory that excess calorie intake causes obesity, nor that calorie deficit reduces obesity. The theory and the advice it spawns should be abandoned forthwith. They cause great harm and suffering.

The above in bold is a quote from your website and is wholly flawed

1 - I do not use any salt in cooking its not required

2 - Eating too much makes you obese

3 - I do not buy processed food because of the salt content

4 - Eating less and generally healthier will aide weight loss

5 - I can say all this because I am morbidly obese!!!!

Just lowering your salt content will initially help you lose weight thorough water loss as salt helps retain water but there is no evidence to state that just by cutting down on salt will you miraculously lose weight:loopy:

The evidence for what I write is on my website. Hundreds of people have benefited from my advice. I myself lost weight - 51 pounds - steadily over a period of 14 months by reducing, and eventually eliminating, all avoidable salt from my food. Most very obese people lose about a stone in the first month of following my advice. Joyce Barnard, who has given me permission to publish her name, lost a total of 5 stones - 70 pounds - over a period of a year. - All she did was stop sprinkling salt onto her food and use LoSalt instead of ordinary salt in her cooking.

There is no reproducible evidence that "eating too much makes you obese". And the only part of "Eating less and generally healthier will aide weight loss" that is correct is the "healthier" part, if by "healthier" is meant eating less salt. There is no reproducible evidence that eating less food reduces obesity. - I've given you the link for the research on this http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/conte.../327/7423/1085

This will be my last contribution to this thread. I posted on the thread in order to help people, not in order to engage in argument.

Archived