Brighton Beach ,where the heck are ya ?

Snakey_B

Every Saturday night The Green Room on devonshire st has MOD FOR IT- The djs playing MOD, Northern Soul, Ska, 60s soul, Motown and more. Brilliant night in a quirky bar with a great atmosphere...

This.

Mod For It, at DQ Upstairs, is great (the name makes me cringe though!). They don't chase the dollar it seems like either; if you like the music, fine, if you don't then tough.

Brighton Beach at the Academy has gone down that road of watering down the music to the point where it's almost just a generic indie night; if the people who are just in there cos it's a Saturday night look like they don't know this song, they stick on some Arctic Monkeys. 'As long as they're paying £3.50 for a pint of Carling then who cares?' seems to be the philosophy now. Annoying!

. 'As long as they're paying £3.50 for a pint of Carling then who cares?' seems to be the philosophy now. Annoying!

i shall not be returning to this venue due to the high bar prices..total rip off..£3.50 for carlsberg in a plastic cup...sod that

This.

Mod For It, at DQ Upstairs, is great (the name makes me cringe though!). They don't chase the dollar it seems like either; if you like the music, fine, if you don't then tough.

Brighton Beach at the Academy has gone down that road of watering down the music to the point where it's almost just a generic indie night; if the people who are just in there cos it's a Saturday night look like they don't know this song, they stick on some Arctic Monkeys. 'As long as they're paying £3.50 for a pint of Carling then who cares?' seems to be the philosophy now. Annoying!

:thumbsup:

I'm all for Mod 4 It go every week and it never dissapoints!

Cheers Kerrie

There's a big Fat FREE Mod4it cd for everyone coming to all this Easter-Well we've got 100 to giveaway (probably Easter Sunday)

Also we're looking for some Mod influenced bands to play at DQ, so if you know anyone......

all the best....

Archived