Slammers / Thyme for sale?

pia-pia

Originally posted by Barney_T

Well it now looks officially closed!!!

Seems very odd. When it opened you had to book WEEKS in advance and even recently it looked very busy. Shame as it was a nice restaurant.

Yeah, I've had some top meals in there and I too had to wait weeks for each booking, but I haven't been for months as so many new places have opened up so maybe other people have followed the same pattern?

Also fresh seafood must be really expensive, constantly subject to market prices, hard to keep and tricky to shift. Its a difficult job to run an independant restaurant... but Ecclesall Rd is a prime location, no?

Originally posted by tinajones

Also fresh seafood must be really expensive, constantly subject to market prices, hard to keep and tricky to shift.

Well seeing as they used frozen seafood that shouldn't have been much of a problem!

Well no great loss IMHO. We went once to see if it was as good as people said and.... it was crowded, the service poor - basically like trying to see how many covers they could do a night - we were in and out within an hour or less.

The "slammers" were good but the main courses no great shakes.

Give me Thyme anyday.

Archived