Breakfast in Sheffield City Centre

NornIron

Smiley's near Castle Market used to be amazing; alas, 'tis no more...

Has anyone been to that place near the Castle Sq. tram stop? I clocked it the other day, but its name escapes me. Big red sign. A striking typeface in the window advertises "All Day Breakfasts".

I've also contemplated the greasy spoon on the Pond St. run of shops. Anyone been to that?

Further to my most above, we tried to get breakfast on Monday at HaHa (which is normally very good) to be told "we have no eggs" - WTF!! So they were prepared to lose £30+ for the sake of someone not popping across the road to buy a dozen eggs :loopy:

Anyhow, we tried cafe Rouge instead - it was dreadful!! Could have knocked up something better at home - BE WARNED!!

Interesting that someone mentioned All Bar One - may have to try there next time.

The Graduate opposite the library does good full english.. There's a cafe opposite howden house council building forgot the name of the road .. and then one at the side of what used to be hole in the road just along from roxys.. oh yeah sarni's.. is that the one that does poached eggs in that alley way? that's good!.. there's a hidden sandwich shop just along from republic not sure what times that's open.. you can bassicly have full breakfast in one of thier pizza sized sandwiches :drool:

if you go to the bottom of the moor to the car park for Wickes you can get a sandwich from Porkies thats a full english on a breadcake... its like a stupidly big meal on bread... mmm...

although its not quite as good as it used to be there as the guy that used to run it totally doesn't work it that often anymore, he had some accident or something and put his back out last year

Lloyds No1 Bar (Wetherspoons) opposite Spar is good...less than £4.00 for the works. Lynne's Pantry on Surrrey Street (down the side of the town hall) is good but expensive....closer to £10.00 and the service can be slow (and, occasionally, rude) and they don't seem to cope very well when busy. There's a place down the alley opposite Nat West on the High Street down from The Star - you can get a good, proper breakfast there. You have to queue to order and, like Lynne's, don't seem too cope too well when it's busy, plus I don't think I've ever seen a member of staff smile. Pretty quick service once you've ordered and the food is cooked to order , so not pre-cooked and re-heated like some places so this is a good place to try. The Forum also does breakfast items, which are ok and there's table service. Another is on the walkway above Pond Street / bus interchange, at the end where the walkway joins the pavement. You have to queue and you come out smelling of the place, but good food, friendly staff and good value for money. This and the place down the alley are probably the best one's to try...

Archived