Where do I buy dressmaking material from?

the fabric shop at shalesmoor is indeed shut. dunelm does do furnishing fabrics and some of the lighter weights may be ok for what you need them for.

direct knitting, attercliffe common- huge range of dress and quiliting fabrics

fine fabrics, hillsborough road- everything you could ever think of from furnishing, dressmaking, craft and bridal fabrics...including the special sale room!

market- graces on the ground floor and there is another stall on the very lowest level run by an asian chap (check out the huge haberdashery stall too, lots of very useful bits

john lewis- but be prepared to pay over the odds

atkinsons also have a haberdashery section right at the back on the ground florr to the left hand corner.

hobbycraft can be good for craft and quilting fabrics...but again, pricey.

you could also try the asian fabric shops at attercliffe and around page hall for something different, but i know when my mum went to a shop in wolverhapmton they only sold fabrics in lengths and these were set at what you would need to make a shalwar kameez rather than by the metre/yard.

i think thats fairly comprehensive! lol :)

x

There is also Direct Knitting and Sewing on Attercliffe Road, on the left just before Newhall Road (near Don Valley Stadium) if you are travelling from the town centre.

They sell craft and dressmaking fabrics and all sewing notions. Also sewing and embroidery machines and all the software to go with them. They also run classes.

Well worth a look. Their telephone number is 2449888, if you need further directions.

• 4 months later...

hello can I drag this thread up again?

I chanced on this thread looking for something called EVA plastic, it's a plasticky cloth that I need to replace the bag of my laundry basket. (should just get a new one but I hate chucking stuff)

Failing that something like tent material in a light colour would fit the bill.

Which of the above shops would be most likely have something like that?

Castle Markets is nearest to me but it's a bit obscure so not sure she will have it.

If noone knows guess I will just have to ring round some of the above!

Thanks

• 9 months later...

Archived