Hillsborough v Bramall Lane

Bramall Lanes been updated recently into quite a smart little ground. But has it actually overtaken Hillsborough, most United fans think so, Wednesday don't.

What are your opinions on which is the best ground?

Yours still as the bigger capacity, but ours now looks much neater.

Bramall Lanes been updated recently into quite a smart little ground. But has it actually overtaken Hillsborough, most United fans think so, Wednesday don't.

What are your opinions on which is the best ground?

Its not the ground/staduim that counts, its the teams that are playing in the ground

I agree with postman, we are still in our grounds and we both have grounds to be proud of. No ground has taken one or the other 'over', the capacity of the lane compared to hillsborough or the state the hillsorough is in compared to the lane has no significance in the end. We both have grounds with great historical value to football (amongst other sports) and Sheffield, so whoever you support you should love your ground and be grateful you dont go to one of these new faceless 'arenas' with no atmosphere.

I love the Lane with the recent developments, and with more to come it can only get better. With the addition of the new corner the atmosphere is even better now as the sound echoes round the ground, long may it continue :)

Look on the brightside at least your still in your grounds, and not in some new(ish) ground with no History to it, like some teams i could mention. :huh:

Not a fan of the Riverside then ;) ?

Have to say though, my memories of Gruesome Park were simply gruesome, and that there was an ENORMOUS terrace ...... , but it was what was, an old fashioned, football ground; and that is what I liked about grounds like that.

I'd prefer Gruesome Park to the anodyne surroundings of the Riverside, Trainers Stadium, Crisps Ground, etc ......

the riversides ok, Never full but ok :|

Its easyer to get to, mind you nothing around it for a good square mile apart from the odd smoke maker...

Sigh!!!!

anyway just be happy you what you both ( UTD & WED's) got thats all i can say. Better to have a Ground that means something, no matter what it looks like.

Unless of Cause you both join hands and Become Sheffield City FC :hihi: and play at Don Vally then you will all know what my point is :P

Archived