Marcliffe School

lesbaxby

I was there from 1964 - 1970, but I am having loads of trouble remembering any of the teachers - my memory is shot!

I am sure I remember Mrs Priest, I liked her, and I also think there was a Miss Cox who I hated. I am trying to remember the male teacher who gave me the double ruler once - I think it was Mr Walsh?

I too have forgotten all the teachers names, but remember the long corridors, the big main hall for assembly. A few friends names come to mind....Isobell Castle/wendy and helen frith/ catherine whitham/ adele murray...gosh! where are they now???

• 1 year later...
I went to Marlcliffe from 77. Remember Mrs Priest she scared the pants off me and Mr Thraves floaty hair. Was there a teacher called Mrs Nuttall? my memory is going. Some happy days.

Yes - Nellie Nuttall was headteacher in the 1960s; I imagine she must have been old enough to retire when you were there from 1977, but some of these old dames go on for ever...:P

I left there in 82 and was in ruskin as well (they were the best house!!). Anyone remember Mr Winter(s)??? I can remember playing bingo in french with Ms Arthur. Wasn't there a Mrs Maycock and a Mrs Staley (who became Mrs Valentine) as well or has alcohol really affected my memory that much:loopy: I'm trying to remember one of the infant teachers that lived close by to the school. I moved back in to the area a few years ago and saw her out and about but her name eludes me - maybe it selective memory.

i left marlcliffe in 81 i remember quite a few of the teachers named aBOVE,WASN'T IT MRS PRIESTLEY AND NOT PRIEST.I REMEMBER ALL THE HOUSE NAMES,MRS BARRATT MRS BELL THE CHILD CARE ASS..Mrs maycock etc.,does anyone remember mr reaney he used to have the class next to the dining room down the stairs and there was a mrs brown aswell.also miss lockwood

Archived