49 members have voted

1. 1. When I arrange to meet someone I am

• there quite early
    • on time - give or take 5 minutes
    • often late
    • always late
    • likely not to turn up
    • Other

Yup! It was a silvery-grey satin so the back got watermarked quite badly, especially seeing as I had a bit of a train as well. Our day wasn't ruined at all, but having hired a reportage-style photographer, he delighted in snapping away while I was running through the Peace Gardens at full pelt with my dress hitched up so high I was almost flashing!

When we got to the reception, I had to disappear (up ten flights of stair cos the lift was broken!) to get my hair dried and straightened and make-up reapplied, seeing as it was all running down my face! At least then I looked fresh as a daisy, while the rest of my guests were all still drenched ;-)

I always attempt to get there early or on time, cos I hate having to rush about, but then public transport conspires against me... breakdown...missing trams etc...

If someone Im meeting is late, the longest I have been known to wait is a good hour... :roll: yup sad I know. Bit of a doormat truth be told, but Im getting better :D this doormat is liable to trip a few people up nowadays :wink::D

I'm always either early or bang on time, only time I'm late is if the bus or tram is late turning up or if I get lost trying to find the place where I'm supposed to be meeting whoever.

Originally posted by bonny

There is a theory that you might find interesting if you asked around.

I was a prem baby and I am always early for meetings. I get panicked if my arrival is actually on time. I have asked other people and if they were prem they seem to have the same problem. The thoery/old wives tale is that if you were prem you tend to be quite an impatient person. It fits me anyway.

Works for me as well. I was 6 weeks premature (birth that is). I'm always early for meetings (work and social).

Archived