Eye Floaters (advice and experiences??)

Went to the eye clinic today and have a few test done. They put eye drops in to dilate my pupils. I couldnt focus on anthing close up at all, it was very wierd.

Apparently there is nothing to worry about though they did get the laser on a small tear on my left retina that to be honest is in my so called better eye.

These are totally natural and occure mainly in short sighted people like myself. The vituous gel in the eye slowly thins and the thicker gel sinks to bottom of the eye leaving the naturally occuring strands of protein in the gel to congeal. Hense seeing squiggles and lines.

Went to the eye clinic today and have a few test done. They put eye drops in to dilate my pupils. I couldnt focus on anthing close up at all, it was very wierd.

Apparently there is nothing to worry about though they did get the laser on a small tear on my left retina that to be honest is in my so called better eye.

These are totally natural and occure mainly in short sighted people like myself. The vituous gel in the eye slowly thins and the thicker gel sinks to bottom of the eye leaving the naturally occuring strands of protein in the gel to congeal. Hense seeing squiggles and lines.

Those eye drops are fun arent they?

Hi, Im 26 years old and in the last year have developed floaters in my eyes. The right eye is worse and they are now starting to annoy me and seem to be getting worse.

Im going to go to the eye clinic this week for a retinal scan and have already seen my optition about it.

Has anyone else experienced these?

I hear it is very common for people to have 1 or 2 but I have loads and was wondering how people deal or manage them?

I have searched the net for info but there isnt much really.

Thankyou in advance.

Stuart.

use a rusty fork - bit of a poke round will soon sort u out

Those eye drops are fun arent they?

They're great. Patients tend not to like them though. Kids ones are slightly different and tend to kick off about them. The blurred vision is just a side effect of them - always handy to have some sunglasses with you if you know you're going to be dilated.. as your pupils are wider they let more light in.. in normal bright conditions your pupils would contract to reduce the amount of light let in.

There's much worse drops available though!!

Im bad enough without the drops but when ive had them in i have to be led around. My daughter had them on her eyes and I took a pic of her a few hours afterwards and her eyes were STILL looking wierd!

I dread drops days:D

Edit: i tried to make the pupils smaller with photoshop but it didnt work, they still look big.

Im bad enough without the drops but when ive had them in i have to be led around. My daughter had them on her eyes and I took a pic of her a few hours afterwards and her eyes were STILL looking wierd!

I dread drops days:D

Edit: i tried to make the pupils smaller with photoshop but it didnt work, they still look big.

It looks like you've tried to edit them anyway!

I had a migraine a couple of years ago (which I don't get often) and came around from it with a solid black spot in front of my right eye. My optician referred me to the hospital but I never went.

I seem to have got used to it now and it hasn't got any better or worse, just annoying at times.

Archived