Sheffield Tigers In Speedway League Final

Big Rod

I see Sheffield Tigers are playing two legs of the League Final This week.

They're Away to Kings Lynn tomorrow, and then the 2nd leg is at Owlerton on Thursday night.

Gonna be there, last week's match against Glasgow was brill!

Don't miss it!

yeah, im going to be there too.

its not looking good so far in the first leg though :( but what ever the score, it should be a good meeting tomorrow

Mmmm. sadly, due to Captain Andre Compton getting injured in a race in Sweden on Tuesday , we got hammered down in Kings Lynn losing by 63-32 approx (I was so depressed I can't remember the actual score!)

Most Sheffield riders turned in lacklustre performances - Ricki Ashworth falling off twice, for instance.

(Benji Compton falling off is such a routine occurrence that it doesn't really merit a mention!)

However, Thursday's meeting at Owlerton was much better - again, sadly, without Andre.

Ricki Ashworth, replacement captain, was on top form, and stalwarts Kyle Legault and Emiliano Sanchez performed well.

Paul Cooper had a disappointing night out - pity, because two weeks ago against Glasgow he was performing really well.

Ben Wilson did better than usual too.

Benji Compton - what to say about Benji? The lad is only 19, and really isn't up to the standard required for a Premier Leauge team.

He several times nearly missed his races altogether by not getting out to the start on time! Perhaps asleep in the pits?

But he really tried his heart out on Thursday. Fell off twice through pushing to his absolute limits.

The second time, he was in third place, and held off a much more experienced rider for 3 laps, for a vital point.. but overcooked it on the last corner, and slid off.

Better that than just tamely getting pushed into 4th place for zero points, say I.

I did warm to his efforts at the end..

Sheffield won the meet by three points, but Kings Lynn took the trophy.

All the races were close and exciting....

A good night.

yes it was a good night, with some good racing, jason lyons did better than i though he would too, so i take my hat off to him.

how good was the atmosphere too:thumbsup:

Too right. Am off to Sunny Scunny on Monday night to see the Conference team cup meet..

Archived