Robena shoes in Castle Market - Anyone remember??

lolalola

Hi,

Can anyone remember Robena shoes in the Castle Market in the late 70's and early 80's? They had really pointed winkle pinker type shoes and everyone had a pair. I remember pestering my mum for them but they were'nt that well made and only used to last about a month.

Everyone at school had them, I remember wearing them with my white terry towelling socks and thought I actually looked good?

They also had a shop up that little alley that ran off High Street but I can't remember the name of it, anyone know??

I used to buy my shoes from there too. The ones I particularly remember are some bright yellow ones (dear God :gag:) and some beautiful metallic pointy-toed turquoise ones, completely flat with a single thin buckled strap across the front. I remember that the toes always used to get bent out of shape due to my toes obviously not reaching to the ends.

Me and my friend's alway looked at them but instead went to the old Sett's Market before school on a Friday for the reject's.

I bought white one's and dyed them when they got marked a few times.

Still like the pointy one's now - no wonder our age group have funny feet.

Archived