Robena shoes in Castle Market - Anyone remember??

lolalola

Yep i remember Rebina shoes too???

I would only ever have them shoes,my mum used to go mad with me £25 a pair,and it was alot of money then.

If i remember rightly it was on the left hand side before you went down the stairs to Harringtons.

Yep i remember Rebina shoes too???

I would only ever have them shoes,my mum used to go mad with me £25 a pair,and it was alot of money then.

If i remember rightly it was on the left hand side before you went down the stairs to Harringtons.

Correct. Was a mod heaven in the mid 80's revival. Always remember my pair of black winkle pickers, and even a pair of desert dockers. WE used to go to the Setts on a Monday morning for the cheap shoes!

Jim:thumbsup:

Loved Rebina and never understood why it was only a Sheffield/Doncaster/Leeds phenonemon and then just disappeared.

The shop down the alleyway was the epitomy of cool in 1982 - I remember sitting in there with my mum arguing for the pointy red ones for school and ending up with the fairly rounded toe ones with buckles. The woman went to get the pair and I was dumbstruck at the punks buying the thigh high boots.

The ones I can remember having were:

The rounded toes with two horizontal buckles in black (later purchased in pink)

The bowling shoes

The "Jam" shoes - my first pair were black with grey stripes as they were out of the white stripe ones - then I got some of those at a later date ;-)

The pointy pixie style ones - I wanted mustard but my mum argued me to black - I later saved up my babysitting money and bought a pair in a really strange shade of brown. Think I had some in pink with a heel as well - I liked pink shoes!

The Sandals with the crossover and slingback with the kitten heel - god they were lovely and they always had some on the cheap shoe market that looked the same - I got through about five pairs of these!

The ballet style Mary jane shoes - Had red pair and black pair.

The slouchy boots which my mum warned me not to wear for school and I sneaked them out, scuffed the heel and got into lots of trouble.

The same style as the sandal but a full patent shoe with a larger heel - I got these towards the end and never wore them out - can't remember throwing them out but I've never come across them.

Sure I probably had some more - at the time they were so expensive to the ladybird shoes I'd worn previously!

I decided I'd gone off them when Dockers got fashionable for the masses and they needed less sole'ing' and didn't need segs. (The sound of the eighties to me is seggs clip clopping across the floor. )

Think it went down the slippery slope when it went into Orchard Square - shame though - at least we were original in our masses in Yorkshire!

Rebina R.I.P.

Oh Edna,

I thought it was just me that could remember each pair individually and how many pairs I had. I had the slingback sandals and the full shoe ones aswell. The full shoe ones were bought especially for the end of term school disco, how cool did I think I was?

My favourites were the plain flat pointy toes with one strap across, and if you were really cool you wore the tiny buckle on top of your foot rather than to the side.

Remember Rebina all to well.

Used to go to the shop down the alley at the side of where Pizza Hut (yuk!) is now.

Think it must have been about 76ish when I got my first pair of `Jam` shoes from there. Black winkle pickers with a contrasting white wicker-work look a like upper at the front. Can't remember if it was Bruce Foxton or the man himself, Mr Weller , that wore these type. But anywat being 14 or so at the time I thought I was cutting edge. :D

Hi lolalola, just read your msg about the calf length boots from Rebina! Can't believe it, I had a pair in pale pink! Loved those boots I Have an awful photo of myself in them somewhere that should have been binned years ago but the boots looked wicked so just couldn't bring myself to chuck it!

I remember Rebina shoe shop. I loved it! Nearly drove my mum mad every Saturday we had to go and ' have a look'. Sometimes I was even lucky enough to come away with a pair! Many years later, I remember talking to a guy in a night club who claimed to be the son of the owner of Rebina's. Don't know if he was though.

I have been following this thread with interest,but I think you all may have the name wrong. Are you sure it wasn't "Regina's". My wife and I worked for her and her daughter Linda in London a few years ago. She owned a shop in the market and won the pools. She moved to Leeds opening Honeysuckle Fashions, providing clothing for the big chain stores. They are now multi-millionaires. Sorry if I have the wrong person.

I have been following this thread with interest,but I think you all may have the name wrong. Are you sure it wasn't "Regina's". My wife and I worked for her and her daughter Linda in London a few years ago. She owned a shop in the market and won the pools. She moved to Leeds opening Honeysuckle Fashions, providing clothing for the big chain stores. They are now multi-millionaires. Sorry if I have the wrong person.

Hi Jossman, sorry but I think you have the wrong person, it was definately Rebina's in castle market and up by the side of what is now pizzahut. (spent too many hours in there to get the name wrong!)

Archived