Robena shoes in Castle Market - Anyone remember??

lolalola

Hi Jossman, sorry but I think you have the wrong person, it was definately Rebina's in castle market and up by the side of what is now pizzahut. (spent too many hours in there to get the name wrong!)

My apologies, but I think it may have become Rebina's when she handed it over to her daughter, who ran it till it closed. Again I am only trying to figure out such a close coincidence.

I loved Rebina. I had the calf length boots in pink too. I ruined them using the back of the heels as brakes on a sledge.

I had shoes from there that I had to force my feet in to, but I loved them. My little toes have been a funny shape ever since!

The things you remember once you sit thinking! I had some flat really pointed ones with an elasticated piece at the front(as did most of our school at the time) I loved those shoes. Had the same ones in black, red and tan. Every time a pair wore out I got the same again in a different colur! (Sad!)

My apologies, but I think it may have become Rebina's when she handed it over to her daughter, who ran it till it closed. Again I am only trying to figure out such a close coincidence.

No problem Jossman, whatever the name they sold lovely shoes!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I LOVED REBINA SHOES!!!!!!! i bought the ankle boots with pointy toes and three buckles up £35.00

half black half white pointy shoes £25.00

bring back rebina and barry nobles roxys

• 3 weeks later...

i had a pair of black,flat winklepickers with the buckle.i remember getting on the bus with my mate outside the markets,she went upstairs while i paid but when i got to the last stair at the top i caught the end of my shoe,because they were long, and fell flat on my face AND the bus was full!

i still laugh about that now. :hihi:

• 1 year later...
Remember Rebina all to well.

Used to go to the shop down the alley at the side of where Pizza Hut (yuk!) is now.

Think it must have been about 76ish when I got my first pair of `Jam` shoes from there. Black winkle pickers with a contrasting white wicker-work look a like upper at the front. Can't remember if it was Bruce Foxton or the man himself, Mr Weller , that wore these type. But anywat being 14 or so at the time I thought I was cutting edge. :D

they weren,t called jam shoes they were gibsons and were worn by the bassist in the jam bruce foxton ( i saw from the jam last year and foxton still wears em !)! i had a pair of those ,a pair of red ,white , and blue jam shoes , black and white jam shoes and also a pair of white square toed bowling shoes, they were the only shop a self respecting young mod would buy his shoes from back then !!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived