Calling all gig lovers

EmmaF

Hi,

is anyone interested in going to go and see bands together? Unfortunately my house mates, and most of my other friends, god love them, aren't really into live music and would much rather shake their ass to some cheese, usually at the leadmill!

At the minute i love Boy Kill Boy, The Fratellis and Maximo Park, but would gladly go and check out bands I've never heard of. xxxxxxxxx

Hey,

I would love someone to go to gigs with. :wave:

There's gigs on all the time that I want to go to but can't ever get any of my friends to come (the usual excuses; skint, can't be bothered, etc..) :rant:

The only way I've been to gigs in the past is if I offer to pay for a friend's ticket as well as my own!

Just got back from Leeds Festival and realised that I want to get out to gigs much more than I have been.

I'm into rock, indie, metal, blues, guitar bands etc...new and old.

Currently I am loving Panic! At the Disco, Wolfmother, Muse, Monkeys, My Chemical Romance, Subways, Fratellis, ect, etc.....

Could list all the bands I love but I haven't got a spare week!

XxXxX

I'm always looking for someone to go to gigs with as I'm still relatively new to Sheffield and my other half is not quite as adventurous when it comes to seeing new bands.

I’m already off to see Maximo Park, Kooks, We are scientists, De La soul, Milburn and James Dean Bradfield in October (I’m not around much in September) and I’m always happy to go to leadmill!

Check out sheffieldsounds.com. Its a forum dedicated to Sheffield Music, a lot of the local bands go on there so you can be kept up to date on local gigs and everyones nice. You can make lots of like-minded gig going friends.

Also, if you want to discover some bands come to Devonshire Green this weekend for a free festival spectacular. Loads of bands playing.

Good stuff

This sounds good! I know what you mean - I went to Leeds last weekend and came away determined to make more use of the Leadmill and plug. Wolfmother, fratellis and boy kill boy were all awesome. Did anyone see the sunshine underground? They played the unsigned stage at leeds last year and this year played carling tent, just bought their album and is really different to anything else at the minute.

Em xxx

Archived