The Harlequin (formerly Manchester Hotel)

Andy C

I went in on Monday to book their function room for my forthcoming wedding reception and the landlady, Hannah, was absolutely lovely. The pub looked great from the outside, lots of clean bright brass lamps outside and hanging baskets, and the interior was spotlessly clean with an eclectic and homely decor as well. Plus, the upstairs function room has an open air terrace leading off it. I didn't sample the beer as I was in the middle of a work day but I'm going down with Yog Sothoth soon for an evening to try it out, although tbh as it won CAMRA pub of the month in May 2009 then the beer is bound to be of top quality! I absolutely cannot wait to have my wedding do there! :love:

There's a forum meet on the second Monday of every month there... come along to the next one. The beer is mega cheap :D

I went in on Monday to book their function room for my forthcoming wedding reception and the landlady, Hannah, was absolutely lovely. The pub looked great from the outside, lots of clean bright brass lamps outside and hanging baskets, and the interior was spotlessly clean with an eclectic and homely decor as well. Plus, the upstairs function room has an open air terrace leading off it. I didn't sample the beer as I was in the middle of a work day but I'm going down with Yog Sothoth soon for an evening to try it out, although tbh as it won CAMRA pub of the month in May 2009 then the beer is bound to be of top quality! I absolutely cannot wait to have my wedding do there! :love:

Wedding reception with such a fabulous beer? Yog's a lucky boy!

Hope you have a great evening.

• 3 months later...
Wedding reception with such a fabulous beer? Yog's a lucky boy!

Hope you have a great evening.

It was brilliant and I just wanted to say a slightly belated thanks to Hannah, Dean and all the staff for their help. We had Rage Against The Machine's Killing In The Name Of on really loud at one point and the floor was jumping up and down but the staff were really good natured about it. This was BEFORE the internet campaign for that song by the way, and as a result we were banging on about it on facebook in early december...who knows whether that's what inspired the campaign?! At any rate it's great that it's the Christmas No 1!

I would definitely recommend The Harlequin for anyone needing a function room. The balcony is upstairs just outside so you don't have to stand outsid the pub if you smoke (which I don't, but many people still do) and there are loos next to the function room just for guests. It's a great set up and everyone really enjoyed it. Pics are here and here for anyone interested.

I would definitely recommend The Harlequin for anyone needing a function room. The balcony is upstairs just outside so you don't have to stand outsid the pub if you smoke (which I don't, but many people still do) and there are loos next to the function room just for guests. It's a great set up and everyone really enjoyed it. Pics are here and here for anyone interested.

I like pic #93 from the first set: man, wife and pint in perfect harmony...

Archived