Birthday party venues, suggestions and soft play centres

Zebra

Thanks for the replies :)

Any info on prices and facilities. I am new to this and the only play centre I have visited so far is the pirate ship. Mini Maddy is 19 months old. Also DH saw a notice for a parent and toddler group but he hasn't got any further details.

There's another thread like this which might be worth looking at, I think that was about setting up.

Also there's a thread about soft play centres in general which discusses the pros and cons of various places which already exist. That would have a huge list of pointers for you :) ANd what to avoid.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi simo1432, I live in Mosborough and have a 6 month old. Was just curious as to where in Mosborough your new venture will be based? Sounds good, I was hoping to get my daughter to one of these when she is a bit more mobile.

We like to take our young kids to various soft play centres in and around Sheffield. - great fun. :D

HOWEVER.

What is it with certain parents who don't watch their kids properly, they just let them go and sit back with a magazine and coffee, paying little attention to what their little one's are doing.

Today - at the soft play centre, a little boy, aprx 3 / 4 approached my two year old and decided to become his friend, arrrhhh. NO!

It wasn'y long before my little boy was being told "I've got a shi*ty arse...I've done a shi*ty poo" !!!! :rant:

My little one is only two and I refuse to let him here things like that as he likes to try repeating most words... where was parent..... who knows! Luckily we tricked him into going down the slide and then ran the other way and hid in the ball pool!

Why don't some parents want to play with their kids in these places, I know it's nice to have a rest but not for the whole time...

THEN COMES THE NEXT PROBLEM

Because we like to go in with them as their only one and two, you end up with all the other kids following you round trying to be your best mate because your showing some interest!

I don't pay my money to look after your kids who are stuck on climbing frames crying their eye's out or wet themsleves going down the bumby slide with no one watching them.... you also see tiny tots who can only just manage to walk climbing 25 feet of padded stairs following the other kids.....

SOFT PLAY - NOT INVINCIBLE LAND!!! :huh:

There are many parents who do watch their kids but i think some others could do a bit more... WHO AM I TO SAY.

NO OFFENCE TOWARDS ANYONE JUST HAVING A RANT :rant:

Rant over! :hihi:

Archived