Birthday party venues, suggestions and soft play centres

Zebra

Something for the younger school child at half term would be helpful. Our 4 year old has just started school and I know he will be bored in the holidays. Unfortunately the nursery he went to before school is now full and cant take him at half term and school holidays. It would be helpful if you did half term or school holidays sessions for people like me.

I think one thing that needs stressing in these places is the fact that parents have to take responsibility for their children and not just sit drinking their coffee, reading a magazine when their little boy/girl is terrorising the other kids!

You need an active assertive manager - or, if you are doing it yourself, you need to train your staff to be confident to walk up to mothers/fathers not looking after their kids and wake them up. Basically (as a common example), if kids are running up slides (dangerous) and no one is there supervising, you need to take the child to the Mum and say so!!!

I love the centre at Darnall (don't like the one in Mosborough as its dark/dingy) - but the staff seem to be on cloud 9.

We drive miles to go to easy tigers in Chesterfield. We do it for two main reasons...

It's clean - really clean!!!!

and

Parents are encouraged to get ont he play equipment with their kids - not only does this make the experience more fun, paricularly for shy kids, but it also means that you don't spend the whole time wondering if your little one is stuck in some corner somewhere where you can't see them crying or hurt

In addition, they do nice coffee

I took our 4 year old to Easy Tigers yesterday, as he was invited to a party. I dont know about supervising him ... I couldnt see him most of the time. I am going to try this at half term if I dont come up with something else. They also have a nursery opening soon and will do day care.

Finally, after months of trailing all over Sheffield to all the other soft play centres, we have found the place for our daughters 1st birthday.

• Tots to tens: Run by kids and ignorant
  • Alphabet zoo: Filthy
  • Megakidz: What a hole
  • Funzone: Way to busy and full of irresponsible parents

Call me fussy but when you turn up at these places that take probably £100 a day (Maybe more, maybe less???) and you turn up, wanting to give them £70-80 in one shot, you'd think they would be a little more interested in you and put some time aside from their magazine to show you around and tell you what they have to offer...NOPE, instead you get ignorant young girls who are there for the money, wouldn't know what to do with a cloth & polish / hoover etc etc and have no time for you, just want your money.

Went to the pirate ship last night and I believe the lady was called Ann, assume she was a manager, anyway, she welcomed us and invited us to have a look around and come get her if we have any questions, my partner went for a look around and I got straight into questioning her, within 5 mins we had decided that was the place for her b'day. Clean, tidy and we even witnessed 1 girl pick up a hoover and another tidying away loose balls, cleaning tables etc. Great place, even the food is healthy and more than just something that is whacked in a deep fat fryer for 5 mins....

PIRATE SHIP GETS MY VOTE HANDS DOWN ABOVE THE REST...:banana::banana::banana::clap::clap:

The Pirate Ship (assume at Fox Hill) is a very nice place and the kids love it however I feel that any venue that can whack there prices up by well over a £1 on day one of the school holidays is down right rude.

We have been going for some weeks to the toddler session on Tuesday's however example the coffee has gone up between 50 & 70p + it's the most expensive place to get in.

Also went to a 2 year old party a couple of weeks ago they charged for 2 babies and the food was pure fried tosh - it is nice from the menu but the birthday food is fried rubbish + what kids venue runs out of ice cream for kids birthdays?

Finally, after months of trailing all over Sheffield to all the other soft play centres, we have found the place for our daughters 1st birthday.

• Tots to tens: Run by kids and ignorant
  • Alphabet zoo: Filthy
  • Megakidz: What a hole
  • Funzone: Way to busy and full of irresponsible parents

Call me fussy but when you turn up at these places that take probably £100 a day (Maybe more, maybe less???) and you turn up, wanting to give them £70-80 in one shot, you'd think they would be a little more interested in you and put some time aside from their magazine to show you around and tell you what they have to offer...NOPE, instead you get ignorant young girls who are there for the money, wouldn't know what to do with a cloth & polish / hoover etc etc and have no time for you, just want your money.

Went to the pirate ship last night and I believe the lady was called Ann, assume she was a manager, anyway, she welcomed us and invited us to have a look around and come get her if we have any questions, my partner went for a look around and I got straight into questioning her, within 5 mins we had decided that was the place for her b'day. Clean, tidy and we even witnessed 1 girl pick up a hoover and another tidying away loose balls, cleaning tables etc. Great place, even the food is healthy and more than just something that is whacked in a deep fat fryer for 5 mins....

PIRATE SHIP GETS MY VOTE HANDS DOWN ABOVE THE REST...:banana::banana::banana::clap::clap:

I agree with you Ricon, tried to think of a decent venue for our minishinyhappy 3rd birthday and Pirate Ship was winner out right.

Lovely staff, helpful and you feel valued as a customer. It in 3 weeks so will let you know end result! XX

Yes the Pirate ship is clean but after having 2 birthday partys there, we wont be going back !!

The first was my Daughter 3rd birthday, they were late serving food, they brought they cakes biscuits ect in just five minutes after bringing out the sarnis ect, so the kids didnt hardly touched there main meal and went straight onto filling them selfs up with crap. One of the parents went to buy a coffee (while the kids were still eating) and they refused to serve her as our party was due to end in five minutes. At this point we hadnt even sang happy birthday.

Our next Party there was for her 5th Birthday and she begged and pleaded for it here again so being the push overs that we are we gave in and book here again, BIG mistake, the young girl that was taking care of the party came in lighted the candles on the cake turned the lights out, and then asked me who the birthday girl was. Oh and the food was also late again!!

Archived