Birthday party venues, suggestions and soft play centres

Zebra

Reporting back on the latest soft play news:

Our twins second birthday party last Sunday at Playtime, a huge success, great venue, no problems with anything at all, very relaxed and chilled out but the catering was very average 1970's cold buffet stuff. A big thumbs up otherwise !

We then hit the Wacky Warehouse in Dronfield on Wednesday (31st) in a bid to avoid the scroungers at the front door, that place had what's called a 'Sparkle' but they neglected to even clean the play equipment. My OH found the most disgusting and huge clump of fluff and muck in a corner and the staff were entirely unperturbed. There were clearly many more amounts of it in the gaps between the gaps and padding around the play area. We won't be hurrying back.

So, in a final bid of desperation we decided to make the trek over to Space Play Zone so that we know we have a back up plan on really horrible days. The play area is great and we totally approved of that, the member of staff serving us had no idea how much to charge nor how long we could stay and clearly didn't care - a perk in some ways.

The overwhelming stench of grease as approaching the door is most offputting.

Our girls had a wonderful time but we had trouble sharing their experience whilst trying to remove the sleeves of our clothes from the sticky and gunky tables.

However, Jellytots is much better, no gunk on tables, no 1970's buffet, no dirt wedged in peculiar gaps :D Just good, clean fun and a very exclusive clientele :D

Went to Junglemania last week for the first time and it was really good. The prices are very reasonable for soft playtime and a free cuppa. In comparison, I went to Easy Tigers for the first time this week and was very disappointed that they were charging holiday time prices, when it is term time in Chesterfield.

Hi everyone

I'm after taking my little one to a soft play area. He's 18 months old and we live in S5.

Heard some not very good things about Jungle Mania and ideally wanting a place that has a seperate part for little ones. I've heard of megacentre but dont know anyone who has been. Can anyone give any suggestions at all or if you have been to megacentre give me your opinion.

Many thanks

My little girl is 18 months old, and she loves Tots to Tens just behind Owlerton Stadium. Its great for her age, they have an enclosed toddler area, with slides and a ball pool. Its reasonably priced too, costs about £3.00ish and you can stay as long as you want. The food is also great, freshly cooked and good value. We often go and have our dinner there, my son, who is 6, plays in the bigger area, and my little girl in the toddler area, its bliss. They play and I relax!:D

Hi there,

I have been to most of them at some point & I think that it depends when you go. I love the toddler morning at SpaceFunzone on Tuesdays. Really well run with & they have a good sing song with the instruments etc, However in the holidays it can be a mare, packed, short staffed, a long wait for food etc. DD1 received a nice bite on her arm last time we were in. I know that kids will be kids but the same child bit someone else & thumped another one inthe space of about 20 mins.

Tots to Tens is quite good - Babybell loves the ball pool & the toddler area. I think if you are having a large party & can afford it you are better hiring a place altogether. I think that you can hire Tots to Tens if you have at least 20 people. You know there are only your kids in there & you won't be rushed or hassled.

I have been put off the Pirate Ship as they had a massive price hike on food & drink at the beginning of the school hols. I haven't been back since:(

Lisa xx

Hi everyone

I'm after taking my little one to a soft play area. He's 18 months old and we live in S5.

Heard some not very good things about Jungle Mania and ideally wanting a place that has a seperate part for little ones. I've heard of megacentre but dont know anyone who has been. Can anyone give any suggestions at all or if you have been to megacentre give me your opinion.

Many thanks

Hi

My best friend is opening a play centre eary December near Halfway.

Keep any eye out, its called kidz Kingdom.I know its quite a way from S5 but i reckon it will be worth the drive!! :hihi::hihi:

Tots to tens in my opinion is a dive, megacentre is a grot-hole, funzone is rubbish...trust me, I've done my research as I done a lot of looking round in the last few months for my daughters 1st birthday which was last week...

We finally settled on pirate ship 'which was really clean, the staff are always running round cleaning up and are really there for the customer which I found a lot of them are not...

However....and it is a big, HOWEVER, don't book any parties there because they can't cater for them properly, it all seems rushed.

Alphabet zoo near meadowhall is also pretty good, it's quiet and out of the way so not as packed as the others.

Hope you find one that suits...

Archived