Birthday party venues, suggestions and soft play centres

Zebra

• 2 weeks later...

i went on monday, just passing and i saw the banner so i poped in it was a parent and toddler group that they do 10-12 on mon, wed, fri you get a free hot drink for you and free toast and juice for the little one it is only £2.50

It is a really great place lots to do and plenty of room.

i recommend it to anyone, my daughter really enjoyed it and was impressed that they had a bouncy castle there!!!

we are going again on friday!!!

Hello it has not been open long its just of greenland road Directly behind the McDonalds, there is a big banner on greenland road it's self. Give it a try!!! mon, Wed, Fri 10-12 is the parent and toddler group :D

The ages are from toddlerling age (they have there own little play bit) to about 10yrs old,

But at the toddler groups you dont get many older ther 4-5

• 3 months later...

Its our baby boys birthday in April and we want to do something to celebrate. We thought of maybe hiring a room or venue but want somewhere the adults can get a drink but babies will also be catered for. Any suggestions welcome as we need to start booking and I can't think of anywhere.

Any ideas other than hiring a room etc also welcome.

How many people are likely to be attending? Could you not do a buffet at home maybe, you know the kids will be catered for there!

If you do hire somewhere could you get hold of some mats like they use in schools etc and put them together with some toys etc?

When my little one turned one, I had a joint birthday party with a friend at Sheffield Wildlife Trust Headquarters. Their education team do parties for children. I believe usually 3 years and up, which was the age of the other child, and we had several older children there. Cosycub joined in where he could, and seemed to enjoy it. There were arts and crafts, games and stories, all with a wildlife slant, of course. Really, really nice staff who had as much fun as the kids.

I believe they will go out to other venues...but if all the children are under three, it may be worth waiting a couple of years.

SWT rent out the main hall and other meeting rooms, and have a kitchen and a nice garden. There is a pond, and access to the road, so you can't just leave the kids to it, someone needs to be watching them. However, I didn't find it a problem, and they can do pond dipping as well.

If you want to look into it, ring Sheffield Wildlife Trust on 0114 2634335 and ask for the education team.

I am definitely considering doing it again this year - cosycub will be two in April.

we hired a bouncy castle for the back garden and did all the food at home. older kids had something to do(and the 1 yr olds) it was fab, kept everyone out of the house too! i can get you a phone number if you are interested

Archived