Birthday party venues, suggestions and soft play centres

Zebra

We went to the new play centre Monkey Bizness at centertainment after hearing all the hype and can only say it was a major let down.

It was really expensive and parents have to pay to get in. Was quite rough around the edges, seemed like they had tried to do everything on the cheap. The toilets were filthy and looked like they had been there since the old club wow days. They had been advertising Sky TV & comfy relaxation area for parents to enjoy while kids were playing but all they had was some sofa's. When we asked where T.V area was they said they hadn't had any delivered due to the snow, they opened in January, the snow was only around last week!!!

They also do kids parties but at nearly £15 a head i doubt they will be over run with requests.

On the whole it was quite rubbish :(

we looked into going there for my son's birthday, and to be honest the £15 per head party price did put us off. We ended up going to jungle mania and all the kids had a great time and the staff where fantastic as always.

looks like we made the right decision.

We went there the other day with my 3 so you can imagine how much it cost, its way to expensive for what it is, they could at least do a family ticket if you have got a few kid's.

Defo won't be going back any time soon.

We were supposed to have been going bowling which we worked out would have been cheaper even at peak time.

I tried Monkey Buziness with my little one the other day.

I found it was expensive. £4.95 for under 4 and £5.95 for 4+. Babies free. Adults £1.

However it is a big place, has 3 play area's and adults are able to play with their children in the area's too. My little one loved it and so did i, we had lots of fun. But if your taking your little one every week as i normally do to Jungle Mania its too much money to play and eat, especially if more than one child. If they lowered the prices then it would be a great place for the kids to go.

The seating areas i thought were adequate. Leather sofa's and dining tables, plenty to go at.

I didn't use the toilet but my nan did and she thought they were nice, as they had equipment for young children to use the toilet.

It does do meals and drinks similar to Jungle Mania prices.

I think its worth trying to see what you think but not worth going weekly if you have more than one kiddie! :)

I noticed they did a toddler group and kids eat free with an adult main meal on friday and saturdays. They have a website, i found it on google.

Archived