Birthday party venues, suggestions and soft play centres

Zebra

Hi I'm thinking of holding a 5th birthday at Monkey biz @ centertainment. Any recommendations or comments welcome? Has anyone been? I usually do Easy tigers but we're getting a bit bored with that although it's brilliant.

Birthday is in January so must be indoors.

Cheers mesen

I have been twice now at Monkey Business and was not impressed at all.

The play area was dirty, tissues, crisps, crisp wrappers all over the place - the tables were also dirty, the staff could not care less that loads of children were running about without socks on and the queues to get anything were massive.

• 1 month later...

I have just had a party at Monkey bizness and have had an appalling time. I paid for 10 children it was 12.99 a head and they didn't get much to show for it. I then paid £6 a head for their 'play and eat' deal for older siblings who weren't part of the party to get in. The meal was inadequate and very small portion size. I complained to the manager who was argumentative and disinterested, and her attitude was 'tough'. I insisted they provide some sandwiches to the older children, they were still hungry! At first she said no but reluctantly agreed. I was going to book my son's party there but no chance now, overpriced, poor service, rude staff, not a happy party outcome at all. :(

I have just had a party at Monkey bizness and have had an appalling time. I paid for 10 children it was 12.99 a head and they didn't get much to show for it. I then paid £6 a head for their 'play and eat' deal for older siblings who weren't part of the party to get in. The meal was inadequate and very small portion size. I complained to the manager who was argumentative and disinterested, and her attitude was 'tough'. I insisted they provide some sandwiches to the older children, they were still hungry! At first she said no but reluctantly agreed. I was going to book my son's party there but no chance now, overpriced, poor service, rude staff, not a happy party outcome at all. :(

We had a party there for my son in December, the actual play area was really really quiet so the kids had the place to themselves more or less. It cost me just over hundred quid for 10 kids (younger ones) we got it a bit cheaper cos it was a friday apparently more expensive at weekend. The kids absolutely loved it but have to agree the food wasnt much cop, and not enough. A few cocktail sausages, pizza, chips and fishfingers - which lasted all of 5 mins!! i asked for some extra sausages to be told there werent any more (even tho there was a party booked after us) i mean let's face it a few extra sausages arent going to break the bank are they. Another annoying thing was Joe's name was spelt wrong on his welcome poster (spelt Jospeh - not rocket science surely???) The party bags were ok, had a few sweets, couple of toys in etc - the kids loved them which was the main thing!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived