Birthday party venues, suggestions and soft play centres

Zebra

Is your statement an official statement on behalf of Jungle Mania?

no i just wanted to let people know about our changes as i am a customer at jungle mania as well as a staff member thanks for your reply

I hope not, 'cos the spellings atrocious :hihi::hihi:

no its not offical sorry about spelling

Hi there,

I live very close to JM and as such have been several times and I have to agree with the posts above, it seems badly managed and I have seen a couple of kids getting really nasty bumps on the head because they are just left to run riot. I appreciate parents should look after their children, however, it is the duty of the "qualified" staff to maintain a safe environment.

I have not been in the summer hols and don't intend to. I feel that for the price you pay it's not anywhere clean enough (lots of spills, stains and sticky carpet) and there is insufficent interaction from the staff there.

Sorry just my opinion.

Anne

Cosywolf and I have just been and investigated Playtime at Heeley - clearly a well kept secret IMO.

Well, it's clean, it's fun and has a pretty good range of things to keep the kids entertained. The baby/toddler bit isn't fabulous but it could be much worse IMO and since parents can join in the the fun there's nothing to stop you charging around the upper echelons with them - providing you're a bit flexible. There's this level climbing thing which takes you up, a big steep slide for the more adventurous kids (and parents). There's also a slightly more tame curly snake slide.

The ball pool to end all ball pools resides on the lower level and there's a bouncy castle upstairs which is pretty good.

Cleanliness is a big deal there - can't argue with that.

The only downfalls I found we're that one loo doesn't have a seat - but since there are two more there's no need to cry about it. The prices are slightly elevated in the school holidays which is a bit of a shame and the food there isn't especially health conscious - however, you can take your own so again it's not so bad.

We took Cosycub at age 2.5 and the Twingles at 21 months and a great time was had by all.

Cosy and I agreed we shall be going again!

Oh, I'll be going again all right...though the ball pool is scary, lol. Cosycub was determined to burrow in and I thought I'd never find him. As for that slide...no thanks!

It was brilliant fun, too...we were allowed to climb all over the place, and though it helps if you're young and tough, us oldies managed it all right. Though we didn't get up to the very top.

I thought it was good that the only ways to get up to the next level were self-limiting. Children who are too young or too small would not be able to get up to the next bit, so you wouldn't have to be constantly stopping them following older, bigger kids.

Great fun, and a fabulous workout for the parents, lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All Parents And Carers Out There.

We Are Currently In The Process Of Setting Up A Play And Party Centre In The Mosborough Area.

As Parents Of Young Children Ourselves, We Have Spent Alot Of Time In Different Play Centres And We Are Wanting To Offer Something A Little Different To Our Customers.

As Well As The Play Structure,activity Area, Soft Play Area For Toddlers And Cafe Area We Are Looking To Provide Seperate Private Party Rooms For The Childrens Party Packages To Ensure A More Personal And Quality Party Experience At No Additonal Cost.We Are Looking To Offer Other Additional Childrens Services In The Near Future(to Be Updated).

Please Feel Free To Coment On Any Of The Above Including Any Other Concerns That You May Have Regarding Soft Play Centres So That We Can Provide You With A Quality Service And Environment Throughout!

I took BabyBonny to one of these sorts of places and it was divided into separate 'zones' depending on the age/ability of the child so for example, the littlest one's could play quite safely in their area without them straying into an area more suited to older children.

The 'Big Tops' at Dinnington has a lot of things that aren't particularly child friendly - low, square coffee tables for example, and a big slide area where little one's can stray into.

Whereabouts in Mosborough and when will you be opening? Perhaps we could have a forum day out! LOL

A play centre in Mosoborough would be great!

Mother and toddler sessions would be good, with simple crafts. I'm struggling to find good toddler groups!

My biggest problem about play centres is when all the big kids take over the baby area and no member of staff ever move them to their place to play! So child friendly staff is a must.

Also most in most play centres the baby area is tiny, so a good baby area would be great!

As i'm sure everyone will tell you, cheap healthy food is a must. and clean toilets! The kids i know tend to sometimes miss the toilet!!

Good luck with it all and i'll look forward to trying it out!!

Sarah x

Decent coffee that doesnt cost the earth and somewhere comfortable for the parents to sit. Also some thing for the bigger kids - i have a 12 year old who comes with us to play centres with me and the little ones and there is nothing for them to do. Maybe consider something for them.

Dont have sweeties and drinks easily accessable to the little ones either - ideally well behind a counter so they cant touch.

Have milk for the little one to drink without charging a £1 a glass.

And none of those machines with tacky rubbish in them that cost £1 a go it can be expensive enough for a couple of hours out - the cost of getting in, a drink each and maybe a snack, without having to fork out as we leave.

Lol x

:thumbsup:THANKS SO MUCH TO YOU ALL PLEASE KEEP THESE COMMENTS COMING THEY ARE A REAL HELP AS WE WANT TO GET IT RIGHT FIRST TIME!

WE WANT TO TRY AND CATER FOR ALL CHILDRENS NEEDS AS WE KNOW HOW INDIVIDUAL CHILDREN CAN BE!

AS PARENTS OF YOUNG CHILDREN WE REALLY UNDERSTAND HOW IT FEELS WHEN YOUR TODDLER GOES OUT OF SIGHT FOR EVEN A SECOND SO WE REALLY WANT TO FOCUS ON HOW WE SET UP THE SEATING AREA IN RELATION TO THE PLAY STRUCTURE TO ENSURE VISIBLE LINE OF SIGHT AT ALL TIMES.

WE ALSO WANT TO PROVIDE FOR THE OLDER CHILDREN WITHOUT MAKING THE AREA UNSAFE FOR THE LITTLE ONES.

ALTHOUGH WE WILL NOT BE THE BIGGEST PLAY CENTRE AROUND WE ARE REALLY HOPING WE WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST.

AS THEY SAY BIG IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!

WE ARE REALLY EXCITED ABOUT OUR VENTURE AND APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR VIEWS!

WE WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED ON WHEN WE WILL BE OPENING.

My husband spotted Alphabet Zoo opposite Brighteside school on a little industrial type estate. We were just wondering if its a day nursery or a drop in play centre. We are looking for places to take mini Maddy to play now titchy maddy is here.

I also heard there is a play group at St Margrets church on Jenkin Road. Has anyone been? Its just a very steep road to get a double buggy up!

Archived