Gatecrasher / Republic going bust?

Tony

ohhhh tony id be very curious to know who your supplier is.....hehehee

i too have heard said rumours. although i would find them very difficult to believe. scott bond recently sold his shares/partnership/whatever in the gatecrasher brand and i believe mr raine is now the main shareholder. we no longer hear about crasher 2 -10 anymore, and it wasnt so long ago they were ramming it down our throats that there would be a crasher venue in all major cities. i believe that Paul Kinsey (i may have spelt his name wrong) who was brought in front the new crasher brand, he was from one of the large leisure companies and his aim was to purchase the new venues, however he has now his own company and recently bought several himself and is no longer with the crasher brand.

considering the foot fall thru crasher 1, im with red, i just cant see it. but who knows?!?

GATECRASHER, one of the most revered and celebrated clubbing brands in the history of British youth culture, is set to unveil its unique "boutique-blueprint" for a new era in club culture when it launches a new look in its spiritual home of Sheffield in September. The world famous dance brand will now become a venue that will host all styles of music, which will reflect the tastes and desires of its audience and their lifestyle, with an accent on elegant clubbing.

The "boutique-blueprint" forms part of a wider remit at Gatecrasher and is in response to the ever-changing needs and desires of its clubbers that have loyally frequented the club over the last six years. From the 2nd September 2003, Gatecrasher’s traditional home, the Republic nightclub will be renamed simply "GATECRASHER ONE". At the same time Gatecrasher will be spending £1.5 million pounds completely re designing and transforming the entire club to make it a designer led, state of the art, boutique club unlike any other.

"GATECRASHER ONE" will feature a lavish interior, befitting a high class designer hotel, with bespoke Philippe Starke inspired furniture, massage chairs, a unique Oxygen room and a personalised table/lounge waiting drinks service. The club will also have Gatecrasher's Unique Signature Sound System, which has been specially designed and supplied exclusively by Opus with Ostrich skin effect finished boxes. There will also be a specially designed Vestax DJ booth making it one of the most sought after clubs for DJs to play in.

Each Gatecrasher night will have a different musical theme and genre including Disco, Hip Hop, Beats, Fusions, House, Pop, Electro clash, Garage, R’N’B, Acid Jazz and Trance. The world famous Gatecrasher nights, renowned for its ‘Trance–indental’ experience, will simply be renamed "CRASHER" and will continue as a regular feature of the new GATECRASHER ONE experience.

Simon Raine founder and architect of GATECRASHER said "Gatecrasher has over the years been renowned for giving clubbers the ultimate club night experience, for the best in sound, production, vision and hedonism. As we have developed, so too has our audience and the clubbers.

"They have become more sophisticated and aware of what they want from a club. Gatecrasher will now become a venue and a ‘lifestyle club brand’ as opposed to a ‘club night’ which will allow us to offer more musical choice, scope and diversity to Gatecrasher, so that we can provide quality music for the masses! Gatecrasher has always been about a lifestyle, embracing different musical styles and genres, that is why we have enjoyed great success with our Gatecrasher Summer Sound system events, which have allowed us to fully showcase Gatecrasher’s eclectic music policy. We are merely adapting Gatecrasher into a boutique style of venue, catering to our audiences tastes and desires much in the way that fashion and music evolve."

To transform the old Republic nightclub, Gatecrasher enlisted the creative prowess of award winning interior designer Matt Rawlinson from RAW who summed up the design concept by saying; "The new interior is a Tribeca inspired art based environment, a new kind of social space bringing together fresh materials, new technology and contemporary attitudes to the clubbing experience. The interior features colour changing acrylic walls, deep carved and virgin timbers, fibreglass sculptural seating, resin floors and architectural planting. The areas will morph and alter during the evenings, breaking the space into functional zones. These will include areas to dance, chill, and lounge as well as social, interactive and drinking environments. This groundbreaking design and scheme will be the forerunner and blueprint of clubbing for the future."

GATECRASHER ONE will be announcing its musical line up over the coming weeks, it will also continue with its regular "CRASHER" events at the Plymouth Pavilion with the next scheduled event on the 24th August with Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Matt Hardwick & Tom Costelloe. "CRASHER" will also continue at Leeds Town Hall on the 1st November, with a further event planned for the NEC in Birmingham later this year.

Originally posted by green

i too have heard said rumours. although i would find them very difficult to believe. scott bond recently sold his shares/partnership/whatever in the gatecrasher brand and i believe mr raine is now the main shareholder.

<snip>

...and Scott Bond is starting a night called Ahead at the Adelphi from the end of may.

Maybe that's why he's sold his shares, or maybe he's doing that because he's sold his shares...

Archived