Fed up of OAPs on mobility scooters!

Chew

I'v just come through GreenHill and seen an OAP on a mobilaty scooter. So? you might say, but this old geezer was on the roundabout going the wrong way, with a dog on a lead attached to the scooter. How F*****g stupid can you get?

I know the old chap may need the scooter, but that's no excuse for goin the wrong way round a roundabout, especily with a dog on a lead in the middel of the road. What if the dog had been run over? He would have been so p****d off.

I work at tesco on abbydale road, and every day this old man burns rubber on his scooter, ( it's fast ) he parks up in the store, locks it up then walks so fast round the store it unbeliveable.

DO THEY REALY NEED THE SCOOTERS? :huh:

They get up my nose in town when it's busy and they come blasting up Fargate at top speed forcing pedestrians to jump out of their way. They shouldn't be allowed to go any faster then normal walking speed. And then there's that condescending look they give you if you haven't moved out of the way quickly enough. Grrrrr.

They get up my nose in town when it's busy and they come blasting up Fargate at top speed forcing pedestrians to jump out of their way. They shouldn't be allowed to go any faster then normal walking speed. And then there's that condescending look they give you if you haven't moved out of the way quickly enough. Grrrrr.

You should see them all at the coast. Eastgate Market last week was full of them, saga louts

So, are you saying that walking people should not be permitted to run, then? cos running is faster than walking pace.

I think that the scootas are big enough to see...

starsparkle I cannot vouch for companies that sell scootas, (especially the more fly-by-night ones that advertise in the back of magazines;- the ones that are just interested in grubbing as much money out of people who have mobility difficulties) but at ShopMobility, in Sheffield, before a client is permitted to register, and take a scoota out, we check that they can see well enough to drive the scoota. We also take them through a H&S familiarisation session, where we teach them safe handling and driving of the scoota. This includes how to steer safely, caution when going past doorways and round corners, and safety about the speed control.

We do not let a customer out on the scoota, until the customer is confident, and we are confident that the customer is confident about handling the scoota.

So, are you saying that walking people should not be permitted to run, then? cos running is faster than walking pace.

I think that the scootas are big enough to see...

[A person running down a crowded street has control over his movement and will weave in and out of people, whereas a scoota is a powered vehicle which can't be controlled in anything like the same manner. It is just the same as someone driving a car down Fargate at speed, nor can we see them coming from behind. So, walking speed Maximum ie 3-4 mph. Then there should be no probs.

Archived