Family Restaurant

luckycharm

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, try 'Seasons' on Abbeydale Road. It's a nice, cosy, very friendly family restaurant. The decor and food is contemporary English kinda (does that make sense :? - I'm no food critic - I just know it tasted good:thumbsup:. I was there last Saturday and there were kids in getting well looked after. It's quite small, therefore not too hectic which makes it good for the children, I think, and for the adults lookin out for them.

ENJOY!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm sorry to be a real spoilsport here but I think it's only fair I put the record straight.

I am a chef at Seasons and although it is our mission (and our pleasure) to make everyone feel as welcome and comfortable as possible at our restaurant, officially we do have a 'no children' policy after 8 o'clock. It's not because we're meanies but we are very aware that other diners' enjoyment can be quickly spoiled by a screaming child. It is a small and intimate restaurant and I'm sure you'll appreciate we have to consider eveyone's feelings in an environment like that.

Saying that, well behaved older children are more than welcome anytime.

Hope you'll come and pay us a visit soon.

Danny

• 3 weeks later...

That's your perogative then. Believe me, it's not only "moaning biddies" that don't like screeching children. It's selfish and narrow minded to think so!

Seasons will not go out of business just because you and your family don't chose to eat there, trust me.

If ever we do decide to install a huge yellow plastic slide and a ball pool we'll give you a call though, eh?

selfish and narrow minded also, to think that every child is a screaming child!

we have so much more trouble from people who are drunk or just stupid than we have from childen! and by the way if i wanted my child to play i would take them to the park, a restaurant is for eating!!! we do not choose where to go out for a meal on the basis of whether there is a slide or not! more about the food, the location, THE STAFF....

and 'moaning biddies' is not what you think it means obviously, bit of a private joke, not really for you to understand, hence the quotation marks!

Archived