Family Restaurant

luckycharm

• 4 weeks later...
Everything you need is at http://www.seasonsbistrosheffield.co.uk

Thanks for your interest and your understanding. I'm a chef so I do have a tendency to be grumpy (goes with the territory I'm afraid) but I don't think I'm being unreasonable here.

We had a meal at Seasons last week (without the children) and in all honesty we were very very impressed, great food, good value and charming atmosphere. We'll definately go again.

That's your perogative then. Believe me, it's not only "moaning biddies" that don't like screeching children. It's selfish and narrow minded to think so!

Seasons will not go out of business just because you and your family don't chose to eat there, trust me.

If ever we do decide to install a huge yellow plastic slide and a ball pool we'll give you a call though, eh?

I for one shall consider visiting your restaurant with the knowledge that you have a 'no children after 8bm policy. Too many times we've had meals ruined by people allowing their children to run around the tables! As another post says, children should be in at home/in bed by 8pm anyway.

I for one shall consider visiting your restaurant with the knowledge that you have a 'no children after 8bm policy. Too many times we've had meals ruined by people allowing their children to run around the tables! As another post says, children should be in at home/in bed by 8pm anyway.

Well I do hope you will come and eat with us soon. There are some big changes in the pipeline for Seasons in the near future. We're hoping to give more people a chance to sample our modern British cuisine by re-thinking our menu and dropping our prices. There'll be more emphasis on local ingredients and real Sheffield grub! ...but it still wont be a place for the kiddies I'm afraid.

The Phoenix, Ridgeway is child friendly so is Pizza Express.

I suppose they are more open to have children in restaurants over here (Holland), but you do have to check first and most people would not want to have their child especially if they are young, in a smoking restaurant, most restaurants over here do not have no-smoking zones.

I've always found it easier to go out to eat in then UK than over here with young children, but I suppose it may be different in Spain, but what you have to realise is that over there its focus is on the tourist industry and package holidays where you get a lot of families and if they didnt accept children then they wouldnt have much of a business.

I think in the UK, and especially Sheffield, people go out for a meal as a night out, rather than a necessity like if your on holiday abroad.

• 6 months later...

Archived