Martial arts on a TUESDAY!

user10239

I am interested in martial arts

Cool there are a lot of clubs in sheffield. I cant speak too much for all the clubs although there are a few that stand out.

Among them are Kapap , Brazilian Ju Jitsu, and of course my own club AFK.

I actively endorse Brazilian Ju jitsu with the Royce Gracie network as I have a lot of dealing with those guys.

Im sure there are a lot of clubs with a lot of good things about them. You choose a martial art for what you want to get out of it.

No point choosing kickboxing if you dont like a good hard workout with loads of sweating say :P

No point doing BJJ if you dont like being close up with other men either :P

No point doing Aikido or Tai CHi if you have no patience either and to quote a former student of mine (cant comment if this is really true as ive never done wing chun) : No point doing wing chun if you cant eat food with chopsticks :P

Horses for courses.

• 1 month later...

If you're thinking about aikido, the shef uni shodokan aikido club are at a dojo in the centre of town. they also have a town class as well.

google sheffield uni aikido club, and pick up thier site. there should be info on it and a link to the town club website

Try sheffield shoot. tuesdays at 7.30. quality instruction and a nice bunch of guys (and girl).

Sheffield Shoot with Pep the wrestler? I have seen him referee bouts at cage warriors.

Do Dave Brooksbank and Kayvon still train there?

I have judged Kayvon a couple of times (never needed judges as they didnt go the distance :P) .

Dave has trained quite a lot at AFK as well.

Archived