Sheffield's Junglist Alliance on BBC Radio 1XTRA

AlexDeadman

Ay up chaps and chapesses,

Bin away for a lot of the summer and its nice to be back in sunny Sheff for the start of the new season.

The JA are more focussed than ever before!

We've had a great festival run with myself and Marksman vocalising with the reggae band 'I-Witness' (formerly known as Riddimtion). At the Tuesday Club we were even joined briefly by Tonn Piper & E-ll for a freestyle session with the band!

BASS BAR enjoyed a proper stomper at the start of August when Nicky Blackmarket tore up the 1 in 1 out crowd at Sheffields DQ Bar (now the size of a small club). Were continuing on that sucess with POTENTIAL BAD BOY on Thurs 28th Sept as well as a host of wicked smaller nights in between. Remember, BASS BAR is every single thursday @ DQ - The Late Bar.

One of crew, Duncan aka Bleedin Fingaz, has returned to the crew from nearly a years travellig. Watch out for his killer reggae sets at BASS BAR and DUB CENTRAL (tbc) in the future.

Were continuing the JUNGLIST ALLIANCE & DUB CENTRAL soundsystem. JUNGLE CENTRAL will be in the second room @ The Plug in Sheffield every month at the same time as METROPOLIS hosts room 1. Watch out for these events they will be heavy!

Our last and best bit of news is that myself & MARKSMAN have been chosen alongside TK to represent Sheffield on BBC Radio 1XTRA on SEPTEMBER 11th.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/features/sappo/guests.shtml

Were still preparing the set so if any northern producers have some fresh beats in a jungle stylee we'd love to give them some play on part of the 4 hour mix show (2am-6am). PM me!

September

9-PolishClub,Sheff

11-BassDriveFM

12-BBCRadio1Xtra-2-6am

13-DnBWorldWideRadio

14-BassBar,DQ,Sheff

2007=JunglistsHeaven

Archived