Chinese Restaurant

vinceallen

I like the one near the crucible. The one on West street is trendy boardering on so yesterday and the food is very average. There is one near where I live called the Cantonese orchid or something I hear it's pretty good. It's on Fulwood road.

Please distinguish between Chinese "all you can eat" buffets and real Chinese Restaurants ... for me the best ones are definitely

Candytown

Dim Sum

Zing Vaaa

Wong ting (?)

Please distinguish between Chinese "all you can eat" buffets and real Chinese Restaurants ... for me the best ones are definitely

Candytown

Dim Sum

Zing Vaaa

Wong ting (?)

Well, the usual "all you can eat" buffets would mostly have the more popular types of dishes on offer. Like your usual sweet and sours, or beef in black beans sauce etc. The more authentic type of chinese restaurants offer a dim sum service normally on a Sunday. With a proper dim sum chef that makes the stuff for you fresh. That's part of the difference.

In a more authentic restaurant, you're also given the choice of a set menu with soups as starters and several dishes to share. The style kind of imitates that of a typical chinese meal at home. Such restaurants would offer more choices in dishes. Varying regional chinese style cuisines. Most chinese would typically go to a restaurant to have food which cannot be cooked easily at home !

Any place that does a good steammed seabass gets my vote. :thumbsup: It's a good benchmark for the chef's cooking skills.

Archived