Wednesday go spend crazy

I think Wednesday are trying to buy their way out of division two, Cash offers in for Steve Howard, Scott Taylor, David Lucas and rumoured for Luke Beckett, free transfers arranged for John paul McGovern, Paul Heckingbottom and Guy Branston. I've never seen so much transfer activity at Hillsborough.

Its nice to see Mr Allen putting more money in as well. I know its only a loan but he's not charging interest so i think he's being very fair. May be it'll convince a few people to get off his back and we can all be a happy club again when wednesday get promoted next year.

So what do other fans think of the transfer targets?

Up the Owls

i think it became clear mid season that the squad we had wasnt able 2 get weds out of this league, ie not physicaly strong enough, not organised at the back. the players you are talking about would i think find it almost impossible 2 play as bad as the last so called team. i hope that all this transfer speculation isnt a smoke screen by dave allen and chris turner 2 try and apese all wed fans who showed there unrest after the qpr game. as 2 your point over the new players i think it would be a lot stronger in all areas and with a bit more quality in midfield wed mighnt have a good chance next season. i dont think chris turner as been lucky wiyh injuries but he has picked the side and they just wernt good enough; also any manager who saya " ill have us in the champions league in 5 years " is asking 4 trouble. i think turner will be out of a job unless quality is brought in and at the end of the day thats all we want; a decent side , and a bit of pride. "up the owls"

Originally posted by CaptainSleep

Cash offers in for Steve Howard, Scott Taylor, David Lucas and rumoured for Luke Beckett, free transfers arranged for John paul McGovern, Paul Heckingbottom and Guy Branston.

So what do other fans think of the transfer targets?

I think Branston will be OK.We need someone who isn't going to p*** about at the back. McGovern looks a decent bet.

It all comes down to whether they sign 2 out of 3 named strikers now. If they don't we can expect more mediocrity next season.

Archived