Anyone Remember Nibbits

enaid

Nibbbits - been trying to explain these to my (Southern) wife for years. Bit like crispy noodles. Too much to hope that they're still about? Great with lashings of Hendo's, but had to eat em quick before they went soggy. Mate's dad had a shop on Sharrowvale Rd - used to get free Nibbits and Hendo's whilst watching Match of the Day. Talking of pub snacks, anyone remember those little bags with cheese, a Ritz cracker and an pickled onion?

Well said David. Nibbits were a real treat to us kids. Must say though. I'd forgotten all about them 'till I read this thread. A friend of mine once said he'd been to the Nibbit field so I naturally thought they grew in fields. What he meant was, the corn had been cut and the stubble looked like Nibbits. I'm still dissapointed.

Nibbits, that brings back memories pom bears are the closest in taste I have found recently, but not the same.

I can remember the little snack bags with a cream cracker cheese triangle and some silverskin onions in.

Can any one remember chipmunk crisps they cost 2p in the 70`s and you got a sticker with them.

:thumbsup: Happy days:thumbsup: