Anyone lived on Talbot Street

enaid

I lived around the corner of Talbot st on Norfolk Rd,from 1935 to the time the houses were pulled down about 1950 Used to walkalong Talbot st on my wayt to the Manor School every day past Seagraves the paper shop,and Bellamy'sthe corner shop at the bottom of Talbot Rd Happy days eh? It was a posh road in those days

Can anyone remember Farm bank road ? I know there is a cul de sac by that name on granville road but at one time it went through to Talbot st (or so im told). My parents use to tell me of a big shared house they lived in near the corner, or does the road name change as you walk down towards queens road. Perhaps someone maybe remembers ?.

To find Farm Bank Rd Go on Talbot st to the juction of what was Norfolk Rd South St and Shrewsbury Rd Turn left and go on Norfolk rd to where Fitzwalter Rd crosses it Turn right down Fitzwalter Rd to the bottom You are now on Granville Rd Turn right down Granville Rd Farm Bank Rd is the first road on the right. 10 mins walk from Talbot St By any chance does the name Rains (raynes) I knew a Bessie Raynes and a Regie Raynes. Regie was shot down over Germeny Does it mean any thing to you,the name I mean

I forgot to say in my previous message that you mention your family lived in a big shared house on the corner That house was next to where i lived It was that that made wonder about the Reynes family Those few houses were actally on Norfolk Rd No's One Three five and seven I think the house you mentioned was no seven

To find Farm Bank Rd Go on Talbot st to the juction of what was Norfolk Rd South St and Shrewsbury Rd Turn left and go on Norfolk rd to where Fitzwalter Rd crosses it Turn right down Fitzwalter Rd to the bottom You are now on Granville Rd Turn right down Granville Rd Farm Bank Rd is the first road on the right. 10 mins walk from Talbot St By any chance does the name Rains (raynes) I knew a Bessie Raynes and a Regie Raynes. Regie was shot down over Germeny Does it mean any thing to you,the name I mean

Thanks milted, my parents lived there around 1960 before i was born and there not around now. All i can remember them telling me is there were a couple of black people living there at that time, they called them rooms perhaps we would call them bedsits nowadays.

• 1 month later...

I lived on Talbot Place between 72 and 77. Dawn and Jane were my play mates back then. What ever happened to them? We lived next door to an old couple called Booth, ever so nice as were the Fords who lived on the other side of us. Back then the guy in the end house next to the Alms houses used to run a Jag and had a boat craned into the back yard to work on it. Happy days!

Archived