Jimi Hendrix at City Hall 1967

Originally posted by Babs3

I read an article about this just before Live8 and he's living somewhere down south, but doesn't know what planet he's on or what day it is!! Such a shame, life has taken its' toll. Doesn't even answer to Syd......

He's living in his mother's house in Cambridge where he's been since the early 70s. I believe his mother has now passed away, so he lives alone, with various people coming in to look after him.

It's not simply "life" that has taken its toll on Syd, it's all that LSD he took.

• 11 months later...
I remember see Hendrix at the City Hall in '67 along with all the other bands mentioned. The thing i remember most is him squirting lighter fluid all over his guitar, a white Fender Strat that i would've killed for, and setting it on fire!

The week before the Hendrix concert, there was another one featuring The Who, The Herd and several more bands that i can't quite remember....and all this for about 7/6d.

Hi RoyalRegular Just stumbled accross the thread and was amaised to see how may people remember the Hendrix and The Who concerts. I remember them well as I went to them both, The Who concert was on 28th Sept '67 the line up was

The Who

Traffic

The Herd

The Marmalade

The Dream

The Tremeloes

compared by Ray Cameron

Hendrix concert was on 17th Nov '67

the line up was

Outer Limits

Eire Apparent

Pink Floyd

Move The Nice

Amen Corner

Hendrix

compared by Pete Drummond

These were my first 2 Gigs, been to many more since but none can match the Hendrix/Floyd one.

By the way I have still got both concert programs and the ticket stubbs

Do you recall the Flotd set lists?

You must of read Mason's Inside Out too I bet.

sorry but a lot of years have passed since then. I think that they must have played their first 3 singles and tracks from Piper at the gates of dawn, but I do remember them playing Inerstellar Overdrive.

As for Mason's Inside Out, not got it yet as I am in the middle of reading Joe Cockers Biography. I must write to Santa for it:hihi: :hihi:

I was going to say that I thiught a female solo singer was also on the Hendrix gig called Sharon Tandy (wonder what happened to her), she had a moderate hit out called stay with me baby.

can't recall her, she's not listed in the programme

been trying to find out more about her on the web, but nothing about any tour with Hendrix. I'll keep looking

Copy of my post from guitarist thread.

There's a tale about Jimi Hendrix who played at The Troutbeck Hotel in Ilkley in 1967 which is on the Crossbeck Rd road where my son now lives. He had just achieved first success with Hey Joe and 700 people turned up to little more than a pub venue and police shut it down during second song. Hendrix was last seen having fish and chips at Harry Ramsdens in Guiseley. Wish I'd been there. (gig not Harrys)

Apparently he played at International in Leeds night before and only about 12 people turned up;

sorry but a lot of years have passed since then. I think that they must have played their first 3 singles and tracks from Piper at the gates of dawn, but I do remember them playing Inerstellar Overdrive.

As for Mason's Inside Out, not got it yet as I am in the middle of reading Joe Cockers Biography. I must write to Santa for it:hihi: :hihi:

I'm sure you'll love it. Lots of great details:)

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...