Les the caretaker

can anyone who lived in Pitsmoor in the 60s remember the caretaker that worked the area from his base on Gray Street at the rear of Andover Drive.

He was called Les and always wore overalls and a cap and was very tall well over 6 foot.

Just wondered what he would be doing now persuming he's still around.

Also the window cleaner who was a chain smoker and whos name escapes me at the moment.Both worked the area until the 80s and would be interested in the wherabouts today.

• 1 year later...

Do you mean the caretaker who used to maintain the little playground on Oborne Street that was known locally as The Wembley, if so my dad was talking about that man only a couple of weeks ago,he did mention his name but I have forgotten - I will ask him again.

twinky

• 3 months later...

i can remeber a care taker in that area he was called jim very nice bloke, always very friendly and helpful and well known in the area had lots of family there, verdon st and lopham street, any one know what happened to him

• 7 years later...
i can remeber a care taker in that area he was called jim very nice bloke, always very friendly and helpful and well known in the area had lots of family there, verdon st and lopham street, any one know what happened to him

are you going back to the 90s on this one, i'm going back to the 60s and 70s

Archived