Whitham Road Spiritualist Church

Kashul

hi i just wondered does any one knows what happens in the inner circle ? i just lost my dad and it looks as if it an overdose . is there a medium there ? just need some answers

I'm very sorry for your loss, but you won't find any answers in the spiritualist church - please don't put yourself through wanting a 'message' from these people... My best mate has wasted years of her life on a similar quest re her granddad...

Hi Ratchet,

Sorry to hear of your loss, unfortunately you will receive differences of opinion on the subject of mediumship. People are at different stages of developing their own spirituality, some are total non believers and rightly so as they haven't yet had their proof and experinces. They are simply on a different life path at this time. Others have witnessed and had experienced things beyond the physical world which has led them to question and seek answers.

The Spiritualist churches strive to provide proof of survival into the spirit realms and take great care to try to eradicate other possible sources of receiving information. For instance we book mediums from far a field and have a separate room in which the medium sits before the service so that they cannot be accused of overhearing converations or even seeing the audience before the service starts.

To answer your question on what happens in an inner circle, here I take it you mean an Open Circle, which is where people of all abilities are invited to work with spirit and relay messages of survival to the people in the circle. Such circles happen at 1.30pm & 7.30pm on Wednesdays, 7.30pm on Saturdays and 3.00pm on Sundays at Whitham Road. It is a little less formal than a demonstration from the platform...where there is a recognised and experienced medium working with spirit and relaying their messages of love and survival. Demos are on Sundays at 6.30pm and once a month (the next being tuesday 9th June at 7.30pm).

My advice to anyone seeking reassurance that one's relative has arrived safely in the spirit world is to go along with an open mind to as many different services as you can. If a medium thinks they have a link with you then do not give any information at all, only answer with only yes / no answers and see what information is relayed. Depending on the strength of the link with spirit and the experience of the medium will have an effect on the strength of evidence received.

I am hearing a few words of comfort as I type but dont feel it's the right place or if it would be agreeable to those that run this forum, to include them here, I feel you should try a few services and see for yourself.

timboss

Hi Ratchet,

Sorry to hear of your loss, unfortunately you will receive differences of opinion on the subject of mediumship. People are at different stages of developing their own spirituality, some are total non believers and rightly so as they haven't yet had their proof and experinces. They are simply on a different life path at this time. Others have witnessed and had experienced things beyond the physical world which has led them to question and seek answers.

The Spiritualist churches strive to provide proof of survival into the spirit realms and take great care to try to eradicate other possible sources of receiving information. For instance we book mediums from far a field and have a separate room in which the medium sits before the service so that they cannot be accused of overhearing converations or even seeing the audience before the service starts.

To answer your question on what happens in an inner circle, here I take it you mean an Open Circle, which is where people of all abilities are invited to work with spirit and relay messages of survival to the people in the circle. Such circles happen at 1.30pm & 7.30pm on Wednesdays, 7.30pm on Saturdays and 3.00pm on Sundays at Whitham Road. It is a little less formal than a demonstration from the platform...where there is a recognised and experienced medium working with spirit and relaying their messages of love and survival. Demos are on Sundays at 6.30pm and once a month (the next being tuesday 9th June at 7.30pm).

My advice to anyone seeking reassurance that one's relative has arrived safely in the spirit world is to go along with an open mind to as many different services as you can. If a medium thinks they have a link with you then do not give any information at all, only answer with only yes / no answers and see what information is relayed. Depending on the strength of the link with spirit and the experience of the medium will have an effect on the strength of evidence received.

I am hearing a few words of comfort as I type but dont feel it's the right place or if it would be agreeable to those that run this forum, to include them here, I feel you should try a few services and see for yourself.

timboss

Unfortunately there are many ways in which a 'medium' recieves 'messages' - One is the manner in which Doris Stokes recieved hers - via the local newspapers and obituaries.... Another is by visiting a believer who is in their last days for faith healing, then waiting for the family to visit them, where they relay what the now deceased person has told them... Another way is the most obvious - cold reading... I have been to many of these events with my friend, and seen all three of these ways used to some effect... Nothing for my friend though, as her granddad didn't believe himself and his death didn't appear anywhere in print, despite him being quite 'famous' in his home town... I have seen the response a few 'hits' gives to the family, but ultimately they get so excited they start 'leading' anyway, letting bits of info out etc... It is just rubbish - I wish that this wasn't the case, but sadly it is...

To be honest if i was seeking answers then the last place i would go to would be a spiritualist church. Its all mumbo jumbo and claptrap.

I remember hearing about a couple of people getting knocked over on their way to a spiritualist church a while back. I've also still heard they attended in spirit

I would love to know it there is something else after we leave this life. For now I have not seen any proof of this, only that these mediums a fake. I remember watching Darren Brown on his t.v. show and he showed how they do it, very clever stuff. We can all relate in some way to the things they say. "Your Nan/Grandad was a real character", stuff like that. Maybe we're not supposed to know if there's some kind of paradise we go to where everything is all love and rosey, otherwise we'd all be topping ourselves.

Hi Ratchet,

timboss

hi, hanks for the nice words got tears in my eyes now,is there an entrance charge or coming to the open circle? me and my friend are thinling about going on wed,dint wanna go on my own.

Archived